Multi Currency and Multi Prices for products as per location

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 yıl önce
@TreeTiger : I have come a cross a case in the past where a payment provider had a clause in his contract that explicitly states what i described in my previous post. now i understand ICC rules are rules and not laws ... however , they do have a registry of businesses that do not comply with what they call "unethical practices" and you'd be amazed how many companies in the world refer to it for advice and consult it. e-commerce covers many areas and online retail is only one of them.

with that said, you are free to do what ever you want and i know many sites are using the regional pricing concept.

i simply thought it was worth sharing ...

@RUS_T : i'll answer you when you become more polite ...
11 yıl önce
@sch09:
That's fair enough - and thank you for your input.
9 yıl önce
has somebody found a solution to this?
9 yıl önce
jigsdinner wrote:
has somebody found a solution to this?

Check multi-store features which let you configure different currency and prices per store
9 yıl önce
sch09 wrote:
although this features offers a great flexibility in pricing your products , it is AGAINST ALL E-COMMERCE LAWS which clearly state that prices should not be set by visitor region .... a price must be the same in all currencies and for everybody , of course with exchange calculation .

ie: you cant set a price un USD 10 and in euro 15 just because you want Europeans to pay 15 instead of 10 USD.

look at the International chamber of commerce laws , you'll find it very usefull.

Not if you own multiple companies from overseas and local. The cost is significantly different depending on the warehouse, tax, and compliance to local marketing strategies.  What you pay for Euro 15 is about $2 in China and you are thinking that's illegal?
9 yıl önce
Is there anyone have a solution for this?
9 yıl önce
sunnyw wrote:
Is there anyone have a solution for this?

I found my own solution.

http://tech.sunnyw.net/2015/03/nopcommerce-multi-store-currency-price.html
8 yıl önce
Understanding the comments regarding consistent pricing across regions.
Collecting payment in local currency is a different issue than pricing variations.
We would still want to have USD funds paid into our US Dollar Bank Account for US Customer purchases from our US Store
Similarly we want CDN funds paid into our Canadian CDN Dollar account.

Apparently it is not against international law to get raped by financial institutions when converting currencies between accounts.

Therefore we want our CDN store to process via our CDN Payment processor and our US Store to process via our USD payment processor. And soon to have a European store purchases processed in Euros,

PROBLEM: The payment processor (authorize.net) only recognizes the PRIMARY currency in the primary store,

WE need to have a primary processor for each sub-store versus one for all stores within a multi-store environment.

Is this available?
8 yıl önce
[email protected] wrote:
Understanding the comments regarding consistent pricing across regions.
Collecting payment in local currency is a different issue than pricing variations.
We would still want to have USD funds paid into our US Dollar Bank Account for US Customer purchases from our US Store
Similarly we want CDN funds paid into our Canadian CDN Dollar account.

Apparently it is not against international law to get raped by financial institutions when converting currencies between accounts.

Therefore we want our CDN store to process via our CDN Payment processor and our US Store to process via our USD payment processor. And soon to have a European store purchases processed in Euros,

PROBLEM: The payment processor (authorize.net) only recognizes the PRIMARY currency in the primary store,

WE need to have a primary processor for each sub-store versus one for all stores within a multi-store environment.

Is this available?

You need to build your own (or find from somewhere) a payment processor that can process multiple currency, and that your payment gateway provider can support that. I built my own CyberSource plugin so we don't have this issue.
8 yıl önce
you can create two store which support different currency per store and you need to pass whatever currency to payment processor to payment processing which support multiple currency payments.

Also if you want that USA customer visit only USA store then you can track Geo Location of User IP and redirect to proper store depend on geo location of users.

so now its easy to configure two store,two currency for each store and as per the currency conversation it will charge to customer depend on customer currency.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.