So confused with installation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 yıl önce
I've downloaded the latest version of Nopcommerce (The one where I can edit code and add modules etc) and am running it in Visual Studio 2019. Everytime I "test the project" it comes back saying I don't have a bunch of .net stuff installed. It's asking for .net software that is no longer supported, and I've got the latest .net software installed.

How do I go about fixing this please?
4 yıl önce
taketherisk wrote:
and am running it in Visual Studio 2019

When you say running have you clicked IIS Express button run the program and installed and create a database ?
Yes to do testing which us a seperate function you need to install the NuGet packages that allow  you run the test routines.
4 yıl önce
Well,
1. 1st make sure you have .Net Core sdk for 2.2 installed in your PC as NopCommerce 4
2 targets .Net core 2.2
2. 2nd restore the nuget packages.
3. Build the solution. Make sure there are no compilation errors.
4. Run the solution.
4 yıl önce
Thank you.

Does running a very old software package not create potential security vulnerabilities?

Can Install the 2.2 and use  VS2019?

Thanks again for the reply.
4 yıl önce
Yes, as long as you have sdk of .Net core 2.2 installed in your system other older versions of the framework should not cause any issue.
4 yıl önce
After a long and arduous process I have managed to remove all of the .net core SDK files that weren't relevant, and have removed Visual Studios 2019.

I've seen some people mention issues with running the latest version of Nopcommerce in VS 2019, am I better off installing VS 2017?

Thanks.
4 yıl önce
Right, I've installed VS 2019, and test run the nopCommerce build successfully. (So all .net packages required are installed)

Can it be run using WAMP acting as a local server, or is there a better method.
And if it will work with WAMP, how do I configure it to let me see what the front end of Nopcommerce looks like?

Thanks again.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.