Contact Us notification: Mailbox name not allowed. error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 yıl önce
hi all,

i am getting the following error on the 'contact us' email notification

Error sending e-mail. Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user [email protected]

The site is hosted. The hosted support staff explained that the email 'from' MUST be the same as the hosted user account to prevent spamming.

so currently the following is occurring on the 'contact us' form

to: [email protected]

what i think is required

replyto: [email protected]
to: [email protected]

i had a look in the Modules\ContactUs.ascx.cs and it seems the change is local to the following code.
but not sure how to get the admin email properties to be populated into the replyto.

MailAddress from = new MailAddress(txtEmail.Text, emailDisplayName);

since this is a constraint imposed by the hosting site, i guess other have faced the same issue.

any help is appreciated.

-lp
14 yıl önce
This is not common practise. What IS common practise is to have to authenticate to your mail server using a valid mail account (you set this in Administration > Configuration > Mail Settings).

You should try sending a test email from within the mail settings tab to your external address and perhaps follow up with your host if you still have problems.

Hope this helps,
Ben
14 yıl önce
I'm having trouble with the same code on GoDaddy. The email does not get sent to the email in the Global settings because GoDaddy indicates the From Email is a problem. (Some info I found indicated the "Sent FROM" email address must use a domain name that matches the domain name of your website. ie: if your website is www.abc.com, then use something like [email protected] as your Sent From email address (otherwise GD may reject your emails).)

This is the Error in the Log:
Message:  Error sending e-mail. Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1)  
Exception:  System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1) at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response) at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, Byte[] command, String from) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Messages.MessageManager.SendEmail(String Subject, String Body, MailAddress From, MailAddress To, List`1 bcc, List`1 cc) at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Messages.SendQueuedMessagesTask.Execute(XmlNode node)  

All other email seems to work. (Email a friend and the orders.) Could we maybe have a setting for this?

Thanks
Dawn
14 yıl önce
Do search for GoDaddy in this forum and good luck.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.