Email Account not working

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 yıl önce
Hello,

I've created a new email account (Configuration > Email accounts) and when I test it, I get the following error: Failure Sending Email.

When I go to look at the logs (System > Logs) I'm having trouble finding the error message. I'm being asked by my email host to get a 'full smtp log' and a 'traceroute' from the webserver.

My questions are:
Is this the right place to get a full smtp log for the message?
If so, for this error, what would I look for in the heading of the log message?

Thanks in advanced.

**EDIT** I'm on version 4.0
3 yıl önce
If you do the Test, then immediately go to System > Log, the message should be at/near top of the page.

RE:  'full smtp log'
Are you hosting the mail server?  Seems like an odd request, since most hosting clients are using the host's SMTP server (or some external SMTP like GMail's, etc).

RE: 'traceroute' from the webserver.
If you are hosting your site on a VM / VPS and can get to the DOS console, then you can use command (example; put your smtp addr in it)
tracert smtp.gmail.com
3 yıl önce
Thanks for your help. Unfortunately tracert isn't an option for me from the webapp, all that is blocked in azure (I was able to run a tcpping from kudu, and it works to google, just not to our mail host).

When I run the test and it fails, I immediately go to the logs, it isn't showing up there - or at least there isn't enough detail to tell me it's that error.

Thanks again,
3 yıl önce
OK, maybe 'Test' does not send info to log and just shows the message at the top of the page.
So, is "Failure Sending Email" all you see at the top?  (please post the entire message)

Would you try a test with another SMTP, just to see if you're getting out?

Email address  [email protected]
Host  smtp.mail.com
Port  25
User  anything
Password  anything
SSL   (not selected)
Use default credentials     (not selected)

This is the error I see with above
×A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. 74.208.5.15:25
3 yıl önce
Right, the entire error I get when trying to send to this SMTP  (2nd)relay is what I posted. I've been able to create a 3rd SMTP relay and it functions normally. A 4th that I made to 365 gave me a more detailed error, but that was for testing purposes.

In Azure, I ran a tcpping and it can't even get to the 2nd relay, which it works for others. At this point, I'm probably going to reach out to an Azure tech to see if THEY are blocking that communication.

Thanks,
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.