Configuring local / international shipping with minimum charge rate by weight

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 yıl önce
Hey all,

I have the following shipping situation. I am offering Domestic and International shipping by weight of all products shipped. Both methods have a base fee of R24 (ZAR) and a min. weight of 100g. Each 100g thereafter is R15. Here some examples of what might happen:

50g product would ship at R24 + R15 = R39
100g product would also ship at R39
150g product would ship at R24 + (15 x 2) = R54

What I have done so far is setup two methods (international / domestic) and added configurations in the shipping computation for both. I don't however know how to configure them so that there is always a minimum charge of R15 + R24. And then R15 for every 100g after that?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
13 yıl önce
peuge wrote:
Hey all,

I have the following shipping situation. I am offering Domestic and International shipping by weight of all products shipped. Both methods have a base fee of R24 (ZAR) and a min. weight of 100g. Each 100g thereafter is R15. Here some examples of what might happen:

50g product would ship at R24 + R15 = R39
100g product would also ship at R39
150g product would ship at R24 + (15 x 2) = R54

What I have done so far is setup two methods (international / domestic) and added configurations in the shipping computation for both. I don't however know how to configure them so that there is always a minimum charge of R15 + R24. And then R15 for every 100g after that?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

The trick I find for you is that you apply a fix rate for each 100g bracket
A) in admin>configuration>shipping>shipping methods configure two method (1) Domestic restricted to any country but the South Africa (SA) and (2) International restricte to SA.

B) Define the  Shipping Rate Computation Methods in admin>configuration>shipping>shipping computation rate :
(B1) For Domestic edit the Shipping By Order Weight in the Configuration tab as follows:

Limit shipping methods to configured ones:    Select
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adding new values:  
Select shipping method:   Domerstic
Order weight from [g0  
Order weight to [g]:     100
Use percentage:    
Charge percentage (of subtotal):      
Charge amount [USD or whatever currency you use] per g:     R24  
Cick ADD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adding new values:  
Order weight from [g101  
Order weight to [g]:     200
Use percentage:    
Charge amount [USD or whatever currency you use] per g:     R24+R15  
Cick ADD

Adding new values:  
Order weight from [g201  
Order weight to [g]:     300
Use percentage:    
Charge amount [USD or whatever currency you use] per g:     R24+2xR15  
Cick ADD

... and so on...

(B2) For International edit the Shipping By Order Weight in the Configuration tab in a simmilar way as you did Domestic.

C) AND: in  admin>configuration>all settings and around in page 8:
edit setting
ShippingByWeight.CalculatePerWeightUnit       -->    set to false
ShippingByWeightAndCountry.CalculatePerWeightUnit     -->     set to false
The latter will apply a fixed rate (rather than per wight) for each weight bracket

I hope it works for you
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.