nopCommerce v2.00 BETA released

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 年 前
Fantastic! I'd be happy to help ... I've downloaded nopCommerce 2 beta and hosting it in my development Windows 2008 Server. Where is the best place to post problems that I encounter?

Thanks,
Mario
12 年 前
MarioRosario wrote:
Where is the best place to post problems that I encounter?

It all depends on your questions. Our forum names are self-describing.
12 年 前
As suggested by Andrei, I post my concerns about nopCommerce 2.0 here

Two of my major problems are:

1. Inability to have language-specific URL's. In other words - I want to be able to switch the content language and have all links reflect that for SEO purposes as well as to be able to send a language-specific link to someone.

2. Fix (product, category, manufacturer, etc.) names set in other languages. Right now if you create a product with name in other language than english, you will only see characters that are latin. In other words if you type a product name in let's say Russian "мой продукт 1", then URL for your product will display something like "--1", as you can see here all non latin characters are stripped out - this is a bug!

3. Site maps should also be language-specific (see item 1 above), otherwise you're disabling SEO indexing for non-english content.

These so far are the biggest draw-backs in my list and I hope you guys take care of them. Besides that, you guys rock!!! The product is very good and does everything a developer could dream of - keep up the good work, and if you need hints on how to handle above issues, let me know since i already solved those in 1.9 (painfully though) :)
12 年 前
wxDevelopment wrote:
You must run .bat to get it work without errors.

This worked.  Thanks!
12 年 前
mb wrote:

The forums section is working in the beta. It is enabled via Administration > Configuration > Settings > Forum Settings > check "Forums enabled" > Save. When enabled, links to the forum are displayed in the header menu and information section on the side.

If you have # as a "Forums" link and are missing the boards route, you may be using a pre-beta release. Can you confirm if you are using the beta release?

The forums header menu link is located in the view: Presentation\Nop.Web\Views\Common\Menu.cshtml and the link is displayed by the following code:
@if (Model.ForumEnabled)
{
    <li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Boards")">@T("Forum.Forums")</a></li>
}
Can you verify if this is in your view?

Initially I was using TortoiseHg to retrieve updates as described in this thread:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/10131/first-time-downloadinginstalling-20-into-vs-2010.aspx

However, I downloaded the beta and once I ran the .bat file, everything was working as expected, as suggested in an earlier post in this thread.

Question:  Can we still use TortoiseHg to retrieve the latest post-beta updates?  If not, how do we integrate them?

Thanks again...
12 年 前
SWW wrote:
Can we still use TortoiseHg to retrieve the latest post-beta updates?  If not, how do we integrate them?

Sure. Merge support in Mercurial is just great. You can start a new project based on nopCommerce 2.00 BETA and periodically pull and merge changes from Codeplex.
12 年 前
will support for button payment types be part of the final release.

I know that i will have to make the payment plugin but as I can see it there are a few things missing.

form OrderSummary.cshtml

@*TODO Payment method buttons (e.g. GoogleCheckoutButton, Paypal Express)*@

Thanks,
Beth
12 年 前
Hello Dear Fireds,
I have a problem.
This nopCommerce v2.00 BETA installation process in the error.

•Setup failed: System.Exception: Database does not exist or you don't have permissions to connect to it at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 346

Waiting for your help.
Thanks,

Mustafa PAT
[email protected]
12 年 前
mustafapat wrote:
Hello Dear Fireds,
I have a problem.
This nopCommerce v2.00 BETA installation process in the error.

•Setup failed: System.Exception: Database does not exist or you don't have permissions to connect to it at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 346

Waiting for your help.
Thanks,

Mustafa PAT
[email protected]

You must create the database first in your SQL Server Management Studio, I believe, or use an existing one.
12 年 前
Do someone have the problem described in the following post?

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/10613/mvc-20-upload-product-picture-issue.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.