Dynamic Products?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 年 前
I haven't done this, but I need to be able to add 'non existant/dynamic products' to the cart and then go through the normal checkout procedure.

I call them dynamic products, because in all sense and purposes these products exist to the user and not actually in the Nop admin.  So I can pull a list of products or services from anywhere, and as long as they have an ID, price and stock level I could let the user buy them through a Nop store?

I'm not sure I'm explaining myself very well, but wondering if someone has already done this? Or it its possible... Is the customer order fully removed from the product inventory? Or does it need product Id's/Guids in the cart/order tables?
11 年 前
The system requires a product and a product variant in the sql tables in order to add them to the cart and checkout. You could certainly come up with dynamically generated products on the fly using whatever logic you like BUT you would also need to insert those product details into the various tables before attempting to add them to the cart.

I had a similar scenario were I needed to dynamically adjust the price of a product based on what the customer has previously purchased and how long ago they purchased it. If this is your case you can do what I did and use the customer entered price to dynamically adjust the price of a product variant when adding it to the cart. All this requires custom code not to mention you need to secure your customer entered product variants or a customer may figure out they can add a product to the cart for an inappropriate price.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.