international shipping

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Hi

i hope i havent missed something, i have search the forums but havent found anything directly related.  

i have setup a reasonable shipping calculation system to ship nationally about australia by order cost which relates closely to order weight.  however recently i have received a few orders for the US and my store has charged my shipping rate for australia where the real cost has been higher than the fee charged.

- what is the best way to change the calc for international shipping so it charges more, do i really have to specify a shipping cost for each country in the country list?  

and if so i have setup three shipping methods all of which are available in australia but only one of them available internationally.  when setting up the shipping method for countries other than australia i have tried specifying a cost for my internationally available method however all 3 are displayed with the other 2 of them showing $0.00 and can be selected.

a couple of suggestions if i may:  
- the shipping by country calculator have an option for "all other countries not specified"
- if a shipping method is setup but not specified in the calculation method, it shouldnt be available in the checkout (currently they show with a $0.00 value and can be selected)
- if a country is not specified in the shipping by country calculator, checkout should not allow the sale to go through for orders that ship to that address.  IE i specify shipping calcs for australia and US only so checkout doesnt allow sales that ship to UK.

thanks, hope i have made some sense here.

Q
14 年 前
You have made perfect sense, as I am experiencing the same issue.  I set up 3 U.S. options with different rates, and one international option.  When a U.S. address is entered, all 4 shipping options appear, including the international option, with a rate of 0.00 that can be selected.  This option should not appear if it does not apply.  Also, when setting up rates by country & weight, I wasn't aware that the rate was per pound, so it's difficult to set a rate scale.
13 年 前
We are having a similar issue with USPS shipping. When we ship in the US it calculates fine but when we try to ship to Italy for example the rate comes up with $0.00.

I emailed through the contact form but they said to check the forum.  Doesn't appear to be any solution on the forum.  Any help would be appreciated.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.