2.0 maintenance

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 年 前
hey there

maintenance in 2.0 is not working not is scheduled tasks
guests are not being deleted
i have now 3000 active guests
if i go to maintenance and select with or without shopping cart and define special date it will tell me "0 guests deleted"
12 年 前
Hmm... Could you try to debug the application in order to know why they're not deleted? Look at CustomerService.DeleteGuestCustomers method (there's try-catch block)
12 年 前
I think I found a problem in the default implementation of Nop.Core.IWorkContext (Nop.Services.WorkContext): the customer cookie is always set, even when the customer is authenticated. Moreover, when no user is authenticated, the customer cookie is read and if the corresponding is registered, a new guest customer is created. So imagine the following sequence:

1. A customer is logged in and therefore the customer cookie has its guid;
2. The customer logs out: the WorkContext tries to create a guest from the guid but since it corresponds to a registered user, a new guest is created;
3. The customer logs in again: the customer cookie now contains the guid of the registered customer account;

If you repeat steps 2 and 3, a new guest user will be created each time. I think that can be avoided by only storing guests account guids in the customer cookie.

Is that a desired behavior? Since the primary key is an int, a (very) successful store could run out of ids (and forced to switch to bigint) earlier than necessary.
12 年 前
asoares wrote:
Is that a desired behavior?

That's OK considering that guest customer records are periodically deleted (manually in admin area or automatically by a scheduled task). but thanks for suggestion. I'll create a proposed work item for this task.
12 年 前
IDs taken by guest account are never used again, except if someone turn off identity and use a stored proc to find the next available ID (recovering gaps in IDs after some guest accounts have been deleted). But again, there are a whole lot of IDs that can be used, even with an int, before we run out. I tend to be a little picky about that I think :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.