Extremely long load times

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 年 前
I have a barebone nopCommerce v2.0 set up on Arvixe hosting.  It literally takes 30 seconds for the initial load.  I really need someone to tell me how to speed this up.  Please?

Chad
12 年 前
cboy,
It seems that the first load is very long on your website, but others are correct.
ASP.NET applications are hosted in special process called application pools, and they leave memory while they are not used.
So this problem only exists while your web site is not browsed by any customer.

Two ore more options are possible to change this:
- Change application pool parameters to give him a long life
- Use an external service to call your site each 5 minutes for example

just to correct my previous post : THIS problem is not related to DAL performance
12 年 前
nicolas.muniere wrote:
cboy,
It seems that the first load is very long on your website, but others are correct.

Two ore more options are possible to change this:
- Change application pool parameters to give him a long life
- Use an external service to call your site each 5 minutes for example

It is exactly the same for my nopCommerce shop. Only the initial website load is slow, then the others are good.

Where does one give the pool parameters a longer life ?

Thanks
12 年 前
If you have a full access to you server, you can go into iis managment console, then application pools, select your pool and open advanced properties.
You can find here idle timeout with 20mn, I think you can play with this value.
12 年 前
My financial situation isn't great right now, so I'm with Arvixe. Do you know if they offer control over the application pool?

Thanks
12 年 前
Similar issue here, slow initial load.  Is keepalive no longer valid?
12 年 前
Ciwan wrote:

Where does one give the pool parameters a longer life ?

Arvixe does not offer properties to make thoes changes.
12 年 前
SWW wrote:
Similar issue here, slow initial load.  Is keepalive no longer valid?

I was using scheduled tasks "check website availability", but Arvixe just told me that it will not work in this situation.
12 年 前
Chad, it sounds like me and you are stuck with the slow initial load :(
12 年 前
Ciwan wrote:
Chad, it sounds like me and you are stuck with the slow initial load :(

30 seconds is not an option for me.  We will have to find a way around it.  Here is an interesting thread: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/10624/20-speedperformance-concerns.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.