Setting up Categories

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 年 前
I tried to make 1 category a different color using html coding before and after term I wanted red. Wouldn't let me. It would be nice to be able to do this. Should be easy to allow this. This is just FYI. Will continue to bring stuff up like this when they come up if that is okay. Thanks
15 年 前
No one has responded as of yet? Hmmm. Thanks
15 年 前
Perhaps you could be more specific with your description?

Were you adding a category description (using fckeditor) or manually changing the source of some of the pages?

You will probably find that one of the underlying css classes are overriding your styles.

Thanks
Ben
15 年 前
Hi, the main category tabs on left had side - I want to be able to have one category tab/title be another color. The only thing I could do is change the font size but not the font color.

You can go to our website and see: http://www.whatismydogtype.com

I want to the Ordering the DNA Test Kit on left hand side to be a different color.

Thanks
15 年 前
you need to override:

.category-navigation a
{
  color: red;
  font-weight: bold;
  text-decoration: none;
}

in styles.css

Should then work fine.
15 年 前
I only want to change 1 category title, not all of them. How do I do that?
15 年 前
There's no straightforward way to do this as the category list is rendered dynamically.

Open up /modules/CategoryNavigation.ascx.cs

And add the following to line 149

if (category != null && category.Name == "Computers") link.CssClass = "yourcustomcssclass";

Replace "Computers" with the name of the category you want to render a different color and "yourcustomcssclass" with a css class of your choice.

May not be the best way but it would work.

Hope this helps
15 年 前
Thanks, that work perfect! Created a CSS class called .ImportantLink

Now we'll ask to see if this could become a "Highlight Category Link" option available in the Category Admin area. And then use a call in the Category Name dynamically.

Its probably a feature that other websites wouldn't normally use, but . . . .
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.