Can I use the nopCommerce Login/Registration to control access to other parts of my website?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 年 前
I would like to use the nopCommerce Customer login/registration page to control access to other parts of my website.  Is this possible?

I would like to be able to just use the login/registration logic within a different page on my website so that a customer can either login through the normal nopCommerce login page or my custom login page and have all the information and validatation that the nopCommerce login/registration page uses.  I want the custom login to reference and store information in the existing nopCommerce database.
12 年 前
Hello,
you have option set access to store only for registered visitors
12 年 前
This is not whqt I want to do.  I want to use the nopCommerce login to control access to other parts of my website which are outside of the nopCommerce environment.
12 年 前
This is possible if you use the same application pool for both applications i.e. website and nopCommerce. I have done this in nop 1.9. don't know yet how to do this in 2.1
12 年 前
Can you give me some information on how you were able to do this?
12 年 前
It's been a while, so can only give you hints..

I copied the ..\nopcommerce\bin to \bin for all the libraries

in the \web.config added the nop connection:
  <connectionStrings>
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=PC\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=My_Store;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=sa;Password=***;Connect Timeout=120" />
  </connectionStrings>

In the new file, in the event page_load

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            NopConfig.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["NopSqlConnection"].ConnectionString;
            var context = ObjectContextHelper.CurrentObjectContext;

var addToCartWarnings = ShoppingCartManager.AddToCart(ShoppingCartTypeEnum.ShoppingCart, 70, "", 3.40M, 5);
            if (addToCartWarnings.Count == 0)
            {
                context.SaveChanges();
            }

//          GridView2.DataSource = SqlDataSource1;
//         GridView2.DataBind();
        }

hope you can use it. Can;t help you testing it. Don't have 1.8 anymore.
12 年 前
Thanks.  This will be a big help in pointing me in the right direction.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.