Right bar content, develop generic widget?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 年 前
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone had an opinion on this please.

I wish to add some content to the right hand bar, and change it regularly, to do this I think I could edit _ColumnsThree.cshtml each time, but this seems hard work.

I notice there is

@Html.Action("WidgetsByZone", "Widget", new { widgetZone = Nop.Core.Domain.Cms.WidgetZone.BeforeRightSideColumn })

So it must include widgets there. Are there any generic widgets I can download to display html please? Or can anyone point me towards a way to write one? I would like to edit the content from within the admin area.

Many thanks,

Russ
12 年 前
Hello, I'm still struggling to find a way, can anyone help please? It'd be great if the content from a topic could be inserted on the page somewhere.

Thank you
12 年 前
Hi Russ,

I'm fairly new to MVC and this is all untested but to include a topic block on in the right hand column (3 page layout) I would give this a go.

Go to Presentation/Nop.Web/Views/Home/Index.cshtml

look at

@Html.Action("TopicBlock", "Topic", new { systemName = "HomePageText" })

I figure set up a new topic with a system name of RightSideColumn and put the following modified code in where you require the topic block. You may have to change some css to get it to size correctly?

@Html.Action("TopicBlock", "Topic", new { systemName = "RightSideColumn" })

into file Presentation/Nop.Web/Views/Shared/_ColumnsThree.cshtml

dont forget to put

<div class="clear">
        </div>

between items as in the original files

as I say all untested as I don't have time atm.

HTH

Dave
12 年 前
That is so simple and perfect, thank you very much!!

I was halfway there, I had already put my html directly into _ColumnsThree.cshtml, but didn't realise I can just call a topic to be displayed, thanks nopCommerce!

So in summary again for anyone else I have done the following

In Nop.Web -> Views -> Shared -> _ColumnsThree.cshtml I have added

inside the <div class="master-wrapper-leftside-3">

@Html.Action("InfoBlock", "Common")
        <div class="clear">
        </div>

//New code
        @Html.Action("TopicBlock", "Topic", new { systemName = "LeftSideAdvertising" })
        <div class="clear">
        </div>
        //End new code  

@Html.Action("ManufacturerNavigation", "Catalog", new { currentManufacturerId = currentManufacturerId })
        <div class="clear">
        </div>

and inside <div class="master-wrapper-rightside-3">

@Html.Action("MiniShoppingCart", "ShoppingCart")
        <div class="clear">
        </div>

//New code
        @Html.Action("TopicBlock", "Topic", new { systemName = "RightSideAdvertising" })
        <div class="clear">
        </div>
        //End new code            

@Html.Action("NewsletterBox", "Newsletter")
        <div class="clear">
        </div>

I also applied the leftsideadvertising code to _CollumnsTwo.cshtml for consistency between pages.

Then I have created two new topics, LeftSideAdvertising and RightSideAdvertising. I've then put the html straight in, in my case something like

<div class="block">
<div class="title">Advertising!</div>
HERE IS MY ADVERT!
<div class="clear"></div>
</div>
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.