[nopcommerce_282b7d4ded0f] Can not import language resource file

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 年 前
It seems the LanguagePackImport procedure was wrong, because when i didn't use it, everything was fine.
The error:
Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
11 年 前
I've just tested it. Language import procedure works fine (BTW, it's much faster than it was before in 2.50). Try one more time. I presume your SQL Server process was busy with something else.

BTW, does anybody else experience this issue with the latest changesets? Please write even everything works fine
11 年 前
Yes, It's no problem with SQL Server 2k8, but it doesn't work on SQL Server Express 2k8. Thanks for your attention and reply me so fast ^^
11 年 前
sieuchip wrote:
It seems the LanguagePackImport procedure was wrong, because when i didn't use it, everything was fine.
The error:
Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

That's right. I got the same problem. I tryed to impart all lang pack for Czech, but it was also timeouted. So I tryed to upload just the difference from 2.5 to 2.6 I think it was about 200 lines and it came through. So thats all what I know at the moment.
11 年 前
Weird. The new implementation of "Import language pack" functionality is the same as it was in 1.X versions (that worked fine). I'll investigate it a bit later.
11 年 前
fibox wrote:
The error:

That's right. I got the same problem. I tryed to impart all lang pack for Czech, but it was also timeouted. So I tryed to upload just the difference from 2.5 to 2.6 I think it was about 200 lines and it came through. So thats all what I know at the moment.

Hi Frank,

Are you also using SQL Server Express 2k8?
11 年 前
I've just installed SQL 2008 R2 Express and tested the new "language pack import" functionality. Everything works fine.

You can also "split" a language pack into two or three files and then import them
11 年 前
Hi all,

I have on our server 2k5 Express and locally 2k8. Initially I got this error on 2k5.

So I have tried to make some experiments findout this:

TIMEOUT: is trigered after 30 seconds - I did't found any "working" parameter on the sql server which would really change the timeout period. See bellow:

I tryed in MS SQL Server Management studio:

Go to
>Tools > Options
In the dialoge choose Designers > Table & Database Designers
Transaction time-out after:  ---changes does not work

I have also tried:
>Server > Properties > Connections > Remote query timeout : --- nothing changed

----------------------------------------------------

But at the moment here are some scheduled times:

New language:

full import: 13s - no problems

Upgrade language:

1.000 recs.: 18s
2.000 recs.: >30 timeout

- So it can be solved with dividing language file per 1000 recs
- Or you can import just new records.

It is nothing extra, but it works.
11 年 前
Thanks for helping with testing it. I've just fixed it (by specifying timeout in source code). Please see changeset 4f7ac5d6820d
11 年 前
Thanks Andrei, thats working fine now.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.