Urgent help needed. Changed image storage from Db to File System

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 年 前
When changing the Product Detail image size in Media settings I hit the "Change" button instead of Save.

All my images have now gone.

Does anyone know how I can change back?

This button needs an "Are you sure" dialog!!!

Darren
11 年 前
If there where all stord in the DB if you dont have a backup of the DB then you are to put it simply are screwed I am a DB adminstrator and once data gone it gone....
11 年 前
I spoke too soon. Thankfully the nop dev team did a great job coding this functionality and the image files where created on the file sytem for me. Just took a while to do. Imagine my glee as the images started to re-appear on the site agin one-by-one.

Pheewww!

This button could definately do with an "Are you sure" dialog though.

Darren
11 年 前
wunpac wrote:
This button could definately do with an "Are you sure" dialog though.

Agree. Done
11 年 前
Apart from copying the newly created images from the live server to local, is there anything else I need to do to my local copy before publishing to live again?
11 年 前
I think no
P.S. I'm not sure so do not forget to make a backup
11 年 前
a.m. wrote:
I think no
P.S. I'm not sure so do not forget to make a backup

For anyone ready this and wondering - there is no further action needed. Just copy the image files.

Darren
11 年 前
If I change back to Db storage does it recreate the binaries in the db from the file in the file system?
11 年 前
wunpac wrote:
If I change back to Db storage does it recreate the binaries in the db from the file in the file system?

Yes
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.