removing product reviews

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 年 前
Is there a way to remove the ability to leave product reviews? I would like to disable this, but do not see how to do so in the User Guide or in the Admin area. Please help.
11 年 前
you can try to remove the "review" block from cshtml.
11 年 前
Go to the product details page (admin area) and uncheck "Allow customer reviews"
11 年 前
a.m. wrote:
Go to the product details page (admin area) and uncheck "Allow customer reviews"

Thank you for your response. I see the checkbox now.
9 年 前
jacspear wrote:

Thank you for your response. I see the checkbox now.

Hello Sir,

We  couldn't find "Allow customer reviews" in admin please help us to enable Product Reviews .

Thanks
Email:[email protected]
9 年 前
shaiktwills wrote:

We  couldn't find "Allow customer reviews" in admin please help us to enable Product Reviews .

You can only enable/disable it for a single product, not for the whole website.
So go to the single product page and you'll find it right under the "Full description" field.
Admin Area -> Catalog -> Products -> Manage Products -> Edit

http://bit.ly/1u6xAnS

@Andrei:
I really would like to have to option to enable/disable it for the whole site,
that would give the shop administrator a better control for product reviews.

Best regards,
LevelZwo
7 年 前
Indeed, why is this not a global option yet?
7 年 前
In the latest version of nopCommerce, you need to click the Basic/Advanced button and set the product details to Advanced to reveal the "Allow customer reviews" option.  

I believe you can disallow all products from being reviewed from the database, by running the following SQL on the product table:

UPDATE [Product]
SET [AllowCustomerReviews] = 0

You'd of course only want to do that after setting up all of your products.  

Perhaps one of the more experienced developers here can suggest a way to uncheck the "Allow customer reviews" checkbox by default when creating new products.
7 年 前
Thank you for the reply!

There are workarounds, yeah, but still no actual global option to disable reviews in all products.
This should probably be a Store option.
7 年 前
To set the default of not allowing customer review of newly created product, look into source at Nop.Admin/Controllers/ProductColler.cs/PrepareProductModel()/Changed model.AllowCustomerReviews = true; to model.AllowCustomerReviews = false;

You can also set other fields to your preferred defaults.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.