I get the Installation page after deployment

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 年 前
Hi all,

I finished the development locally (version 2.60) and everything was working fine.

I run the prepare.bat and the deploy.bat.

Copied the entire content of nop_2.60 inside the Deployable folder to the server, but when I hit the home page I get the "Installation" page.

I tried copying manually the "InstalledPlugins.txt" and the "Settings.txt" found in the App_Data folder, but nothing happened. I still am getting the installation page.

Can anyone tell me what's going on and how to work around this issue?

Many thanks.
11 年 前
is the database ready on your hosting?
11 年 前
nopDev wrote:
is the database ready on your hosting?

Yes!

I will tell you more. I connected to the Servers database to load products while still running the local version. I just can't figure out what is going on!

Thanks for the help!
11 年 前
Settings.txt contains the connection string to the DB.

You will need to change it to point at the DB on the webserver - it's pointing at the DB on your dev machine currently.

I think(?) when Nop doesn't find the DB it reverts to the install process.

HTH

Dave
11 年 前
daveb wrote:
Settings.txt contains the connection string to the DB.

You will need to change it to point at the DB on the webserver - it's pointing at the DB on your dev machine currently.

I think(?) when Nop doesn't find the DB it reverts to the install process.

HTH

Dave

The Settings.txt was already pointing to the DB on the server. I used my local copy, prior deploying, to upload few products to the web server database.

I have no Idea what happened during the deployment. I re-did everything (deployment) from scratch and finally worked. Still don't know what the problem was.

Thanks much for all the help as always!!

Take care.
7 年 前
Any fix for this without repeating everything from scratch?
7 年 前
This problem is always related to the nopCommerce application not being able to find the database.
As indicated, verify that your connection string in the /App_Data/Settings.txt is correct.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.