Languages Help

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 年 前
I was looking to see how it would be possible to display a NopCommerce store in different languages. I tried languages under admin>configuration but that did not work. I also found some language packs on the NopCommerce site but am not sure how to install these.

Thanks!
11 年 前
Pdesignz wrote:
I was looking to see how it would be possible to display a NopCommerce store in different languages. I tried languages under admin>configuration but that did not work. I also found some language packs on the NopCommerce site but am not sure how to install these.

Thanks!

There are language configuration in admin>configuration>settings>general and miscellaneous settings>localization settings tab
11 年 前
I was looking under localization, so would I then need to set settings for each phrase or word that I would like to change to a different language. I was hoping that I could set a new language and then everything would change to that language if I select that option. I did see that I could download some language packs, but I was unsure how to install these.

Thanks
11 年 前
Pdesignz wrote:
I was looking under localization, so would I then need to set settings for each phrase or word that I would like to change to a different language. I was hoping that I could set a new language and then everything would change to that language if I select that option. I did see that I could download some language packs, but I was unsure how to install these.

Thanks

I have no experience installing language packs, but when you do it you will have most phrases available in the language. This setting is for changing any phrase as you please
11 年 前
- create a new language
- edit the new language
- at the edit page, top right press the import button
- select the xml file (the file that u downloaded)
11 年 前
Language pack will not change everything. it'll change the label fields only ( that you can see in the admin>languages>viewstringresources) .

http://www.elaamart.com
11 年 前
You said: Language pack will change the label fields (that you can see in the admin>languages>viewstringresources).

I am having a strange problem. Suddenly, all the labels on admin screen are showing a whole path instead of a name. For example:

Product name label shows as: Admin.Catalog.Products.Fields.Name
"Manage products" now shows as: Admin.Catalog.Products.Manage

All of them are like that? any idea how to fix this? or why it happened?

Please help.
11 年 前
Hi!
The problem that you are having comes from the fact that the language pack that you installed does not have the translation for all the string resources.
What happens is that the application tries to load the labels in the selected language and, where there is no string resource, it puts the name of the missing resource it was looking for.

To fix this you should copy the "path" (resource name) and go to Administration\Configuration\Languages, click on View string resources for the new language that you installed with language pack, click Add new record above the grid, for Resource name fill in the path, for Value fill in the text you want to show (the translation) and click Insert.
That should do it.

Hope that helps!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.