Excel Product and Category exported from 2.40 & imported into 2.65?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 年 前
My desire was to upgrade my from 2.40 to current 2.65, but I cannot get my database to upgrade without errors. I have tried several times.

I only have two orders in my database. I am curious if I exported my products and category records, from my 2.40 and then create a new 2.65 site and import them into that. Will that work?
Are they the same fields?

Thank you,
11 年 前
should be fine.

it would be better if you could get the upgrade of your existing DB done tho. As you will loose a lot of information eg customer records/orders related products etc etc
11 年 前
Additional fields were added.  If you have a working 2.65 sample system (use admin-demo.nopcommerce.com), then do the Export there and compare fields to see the changes.
You will need to add the extra columns in the exact same place.
11 年 前
Furthermore, product attributes and multiple product variants are not supported by export/import process. Upgrading is the only good way
11 年 前
Thank you guys for your feedback. In my particular case, I am going to start fresh and hope upgrading to 2.70 will be less painless.

Reason being: My 2.40 site was a learning process. I see now all the mistakes I made in organizing the site. I only made two sales on the site, being that it was only up for a short time.

I am going to do the 2.65 from scratch and I have my 2.40 working in the meantime. This one will be much better and more organized.

I hope some of the products I will be able to import (by editing the excel doc).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.