Database size is 523Mb??

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what size the newly installed database with sample data should be please?

When I log into my plesk account  it tells me that it is 523Mb. Surely that can't be the size of a nearly empty database?

I only have one SQL Server database installed on my server so I know that its not the combined size of seveal databses.

Thanks
14 年 前
As there are several different versions, please always mention the version you are referring to when posting.
14 年 前
Hi,

I'm running the latest 1.30 version.

I don't know a lot about databases and I do know that there has been a huge amount of work that has been put into nopcommerce to give it the functionality that it has  but  523Mb seems very large for a near empty database and I am thinking that I may have a problem with old databases on my host not being deleted properly.

If anyone can give me rough figure of what a fresh install, with sample data, should be that would be great.

Thank you.
14 年 前
An empty nop database is about 6mb.  How many products have you added?? Or is this a blank install?
14 年 前
This is a blank install. Though I have uninstalled a previous nopcommerce instance. I think this is just an error with my host. everything works fine but I have installed/uninstalled a number of databases in the past and I don't think they have been properly deleted from my account even though my control panel tells me I only have one database installed.

I have put in a ticket to my host to hear what they think the problem is. I will post the answer in case anyone is interested or maybe had the same problem.

Thanks
14 年 前
Try to execute the following SQL script over your database:

DBCC SHRINKDATABASE('your_db_name')
GO
14 年 前
That did the trick

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.