NopCommerce and Postgresql

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 年 前
Hello guys

Is possible make running NopCommerce with Postgresql?

Are there  any  issues about this combo?

Thanks for your help

Doriana
9 年 前
Why does this have a negative score? Its a valid question. If NopCommerce is marketing this product as open source (free) that alone is only half true because the web application is forced to use a proprietary back-end (SQL Server) which costs money. This application needs to be flexible enough to handle multiple back-ends and the user should be able to decide during the installation process. Can anyone working for NopCommerce shed light on this??
9 年 前
monigala wrote:
that alone is only half true because the web application is forced to use a proprietary back-end (SQL Server) which costs money.

You can install the free (of money) Microsoft® SQL Server® Express....
When I choose a C# application its a premium choose. Postgresql doesn't work very good on windows-server (memory-management)
9 年 前
Good point about MSSQL Express. However, my intentions are to connect to a postgreSQL server not running on a windows machine and the higher goal was to push this product to become SQL agnostic.

While MSSQL Express is a viable option, what about the other users already running a database backend which isn't Microsoft related. From the sounds of it, nopCommerce staff is stating its MSSQL or nothing. I can only assume its not a future consideration and the current recommendation is to install MSSQL Express even if we already have backend infrastructure in place to run this application? For example, I support XXX clients and currently run all applications through an external postgresql server without a problem. With nopCommerce, I now have to monitor a separate MSSQL footprint. Something I should have considered prior to setting up I guess.
9 年 前
I always use MS SQL myself, but isn't the Entity Framework itself SQL agnostic? I believe there are providers for all major backends. You would just need to nuget those libraries, then add a new XXXDataProvider class that matches the interface that is currently used.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.