upgrade error..STEP 3 database doesn't exist

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
I am trying to perform an upgrade to version 1.4 from 1.3. I followed all procedures and everything was going fine until I ran the install script and I am getting an error at step 3 that says database ("name") doesn't exist. I have triple checked the name of my database that I entered and I cannot proceed past this step. I know I have the name correct and I know I am connecting to my database because I pass step 2. What could be the issue?
14 年 前
Is it possible that you are forgetting an instance name?
14 年 前
Are you using Godaddy?
14 年 前
I have the same problem installing nopcommerce.

nopCommerce wizard detects master database, but not my database.

I use myLittleAdmin for database administration and my hosting is http://www.qsh.eu/.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks a lot.
14 年 前
Does the account that is hitting your database (from the website) have the necessary permissions to see/create the new database? (I'm assuming it's a different account that what you log in as when administering your DB)
14 年 前
Thanks for reply.

I can´t create a databases, they have created for me a database and i have to use that database. I use the "use an existing database" option.

The first error is solved, i sended an email to my hosting team and they have give me permissions to folder.

They have explain the other error this way:

This error can occur if you are using nopCommerce. One of customer has similar problem, but it was bug of this product.
We don't know how they solve it, but forum of nopCommerce recommend to go to older version or find bug in code and fix it.
It is possible that nopCommerce creating tables by manualy script and don’t accept '.' in database name, so I recommend to you try to enter [sabuexo.com] or 'sabuexo.com'.

More hel please? thanks :)
14 年 前
I have check that problem is that wizard does a Select in master database to sysdatabases table to search my own database.

My user in hosting does not access to see all databases in this table and wizard give me an error.

I am going to install nopCommerce manually.

Other problem is that my database haves an "." in middle and i think that this will give problems to me. I will try to set "[]" to database name on connectionstring.

Anybody haves same problem whit dot (.) character?

Will I have problems because i cant see my database on master table?
14 年 前
All working

¡GREAT!

:D
14 年 前
so i dont understand, how did you solve the issue eventually
14 年 前
the problem occurs when the database is not shown in the master catalog (e.g. host security policy); this means the install wizard inevitably fails (because it checks in the master if db exists);

the only way around is a (semi-)manual install:

a) completely manual: good step by step here

b) semi-manual overriding step 3 here
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.