This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 年 前
My client has 30%+ of their customer who do not have email addresses.  Typically they order over the 800 number.
Is there a way to change the Log In process from email/password to customer number/password?  Along with that we would want to keep current customer numbers when we import, and assign sequential numbers for new customers.
11 年 前
e-novative wrote:
My client has 30%+ of their customer who do not have email addresses.  Typically they order over the 800 number.
Is there a way to change the Log In process from email/password to customer number/password?  Along with that we would want to keep current customer numbers when we import, and assign sequential numbers for new customers.

Couldn't you use the username option?  This way you wouldn't have to edit the source code.  The 70% of customers who did have emails could use their email as their username.  For those who did not have emails, you could use their customer number as their username.
11 年 前
As a newcomer to nopC I'm learning my way around this vast assortment of options. I'll look into Username option.
Thanks
11 年 前
e-novative wrote:
As a newcomer to nopC I'm learning my way around this vast assortment of options. I'll look into Username option.
Thanks

Here is where you can find it.

Admin -> Configuration -> Settings -> Customer Settings

First two options...

Usernames' enabled
and
Allow customers to change their usernames

I am sure that you will be happy with Nopcommerce.  It's an amazing platform.

Hope this helps.

Tim
11 年 前
Tim - I've been writing custom e-commerce solutions since 1995, and have worked with a number of pre-built solutions. I'm impressed beyond words with nopCommerce.  The level of sophistication in code structure and architecture is top-shelf. I have to learn more details about MVC in order to build a few plug-in features I'm going need. So I'll be posting more Qs as I get into it.  Thanks. I' impressed.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.