how to setup Fedex

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Hi

Has someone created a step by step and/or a tutorial. Please I need help on this. Nop Ver 1.40

Anyone who has done this and or need setup info please follow, I would like to create a tutorial.

I have account setup and ID/Pass and Meter functioning.

Will also want to do same for UPS.

Then maybe we can get it put into Documentation.

14 年 前
please refer this, it worked for me :  
https://www.nopcommerce.com/Boards/Topic.aspx?TopicID=2203&p=2#8209
14 年 前
URL:   https://gatewaybeta.fedex.com:443/web-services/rate
Key:    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Password:    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Account Number:    DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Meter Number:    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Shipping origin. Street:    
Shipping origin. City:    
Shipping origin. State code:    
Shipping origin. ZIP:    
Shipping origin. Country code:    

Am using the Fedex compuation method
Am using a Shipping Method Called it "FedEx"

now cart stops with this error

We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.
Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time.

HELP

Thanks
14 年 前
Did you get registered with FedEX ? Did you entered the Key, Password(in your mailbox), Account and meter number ? CHECK FOR SPACES, sometimes when you copy and paste the keys it paste spaces before/after the key,account,meter number as it is Case Sensitive...
did you entered the shipping FROM Address Correctly ? because everything depends on the zip code of shipping From address that you put in the shipping method page..
Mine is working fine and getting al the rates online from FedEX website...
14 年 前
Did you get registered with FedEX ?  YES

Did you entered the Key - YEs

Password - YES

Account - Yes

meter number - YES

CHECK FOR SPACES - Yes

I know "sometimes when you copy and paste the keys it paste spaces before/after the key,account,meter number as it "is Case Sensitive...

didyou entered the shipping FROM Address Correctly ?  - Yes All blanks filled

This could be a problem - I have a Postal code - "because everything depends on the zip code of shipping From address that you put in the shipping method page.."

What is the website address you are using???
14 年 前
This could be a problem - I have a Postal code - "because everything depends on the zip code of shipping From address that you put in the shipping method page.."

First let me explain you why i said that and why the Shipping From address is important, as the API code of FedEX/UPS will calculate the rate and location FROM that address TO the shipping address that customer provides. so it makes sense right that It will act as FROM address and the customer will provide TO (shipping) address.

Now talking about your postal code, well i  searched over the internet how zipcodes/postal code (same thing) are in canada, before the place where i belong its just numbers but i can see in canada its combination of Alphabets and Numbers like this "M4B 1B3 " right ?

well i dont think it should create any problem because the API code should use canada as source so obviously when you always use postal code there so it should work fine

Thing to look into:

You sure you have the FedEX service in canada? if yes then ok read next line
There were total 2 registrations involved in getting this key that you got from FedEX, One when you registered with FedEX in order to loginto your account and Second, when you signed in for this developer test key. Make sure for both registration you provided correct address of canada only.

sorry, I don't have any website address to show you because i tested my code locally on my machine.

make sure those things that i mentioned above if still facing any problem then post your reply here...
14 年 前
First let me explain you why i said that and why the Shipping From address is important, as the API code of FedEX/UPS will calculate the rate and location FROM that address TO the shipping address that customer provides. so it makes sense right that It will act as FROM address and the customer will provide TO (shipping) address.

# setup a second user(customer) from a second city with a known postl(zip)

Now talking about your postal code, well i  searched over the internet how zipcodes/postal code (same thing) are in canada, before the place where i belong its just numbers but i can see in canada its combination of Alphabets and Numbers like this "M4B 1B3 " right ?

# changed and tested different format of postal (space/no space) No help

well i dont think it should create any problem because the API code should use canada as source so obviously when you always use postal code there so it should work fine

# it should but it ain't

Thing to look into:

You sure you have the FedEX service in canada? if yes then ok read next line

#Yup

There were total 2 registrations involved in getting this key that you got from FedEX, One when you registered with FedEX in order to loginto your account and Second, when you signed in for this developer test key.

# running production key

Make sure for both registration you provided correct address of canada only.

# Will verify tomorrow

sorry, I don't have any website address to show you because i tested my code locally on my machine.
make sure those things that i mentioned above if still facing any problem then post your reply here...

# I wonder if there are any port issues in all of this(could have been my port 443 was not open before but it still does not work)
14 年 前
It has nothing to do with port because you are pulling out shipping methods with rates from the FedEX server online

(Port comes into play when there is situation of sending/receiving of e-mails from/to the server)
14 年 前
Well, apparently I asked the right question but no one picked it up.

So, for those who use the fedex.com(at lease the Canadian setup from my experience)

You need to note thet the URL is different between the beta(test Site and the production Site)

And so I leave this as the correction and forever remember to ask if the URL in the field is correct

As in the software original https://gatewaybeta.fedex.com:443/web-services/rate

Corrected version for production meter https://gateway.fedex.com:443/web-services
14 年 前
So finally you got it ? is it working ?
so you were going to Technical Resources ?
For Development Key you gotta go to Webservices....
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.