Security Flaw in DownloadController.cs: Vendor can download any Download file by Id

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 年 前
I might be wrong here, so please sorry if this is a mistake. In Admin DownloadController.cs there is a method to download files by id which is really unsecured.

At the moment we only have the attribute: [AdminAuthorize] which will also give access to Vendord to download any file.

There should be a way to validate that this method should only be accessed by users in the Role Administrator.
10 年 前
Hmm. You're absolutely right. But if we limit this method to the administrators role, then vendors won't be able to upload (then download) files for downloadable products because we cannot load (find) a product by "download" entity

I've just created a work item but I'm not sure how to fix it yet. Maybe, download files by GUID (not ID)
10 年 前
What about some sort of ACL on the Download?  You can download it if you uploaded it or you're in the Administrators group (or whatever role is chosen).
10 年 前
Fixed. Please see changeset f586c59055e4
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.