Adding a downloadable product; where do I start?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Good day,

I searched for an answer before posting.  How to I add items and then configure them as downloadable?  I haven't been able to find any detail about how to do this.  Am I overlooking something obvious?  

Thanks, Bill Leonard
14 年 前
Go to product variant

Down to downloadable and check the box,

Then Ta Da !!!!

There is those other options you were looking for

:)
14 年 前
Thank you maxz.  It was as easy as that.  

Bill
14 年 前
plz help me i checked the downloads box specified the file but I can not see any download options anywhere. on page. how can i make it so a customer can buy a video to download?
14 年 前
I had trouble hunting this down also, but it all made sense in the end.  There are a few paths but I'll provide what I think is the most straightforward.   When I make a payment using paypal (and using the Sandbox), and then are returned to my site after payment is made, there is link on the page that says: Click here for order details.  Select this and on the order details page you will see a "download" link at the bottom.    I modified the line to read: Click here for order details and to DOWNLOAD your purchase.  Since I only provide downloadable products this works for me.  (Use "Content Management" then "Localization" to access the area to modify this text.  

Another method to get to the link would be use a PO to process an order, thereby avoiding the trip to the payment processor.  After processing this order you must modify the order to a "paid" status.  This is a manual step.  Use "Sales" then "Orders," then run the report using the defaults to look at all orders.  Click on the one you want ("View" button) and on the bottom of the "Order Details" / "Order Info" tab, change the status to paid.   Then go back in as the customer to look at your order, and you should find the link as described above.  

I also noticed that within the Order-Details screen on another tab you have the ability to download the product as well.  I'm not sure what the utility is here, unless it is intentionally added to avoid the last steps I described?  

I hope this helps and doesn't confuse.  I've found the answers to be a little slow in coming, but I've had everything answered by several different folks.  I'm enjoying the nopCommerce experience so far.  

Regards, Bill Leonard
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.