Role Manager error in Machine.Config - But I can't find Machine.config in the source files.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
When I try to run the Install, I get the following error.

---------

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

Source Error:

Line 146:    <roleManager>
Line 147:      <providers>
Line 148:        <add name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
Line 149:        <add name="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
Line 150:      </providers>

Source File: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config    Line: 148

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053
14 年 前
After three days of help my self. I got the thing installed up and running.

( I have a graduate level pass in subjet  web development in asp.net from an Australian University).  I can't imagine why it is so hard to set up.  All the error messages does'nt give a clue as to what is wrong.  I am not an expert, but it is pretty easy to  add some  (try, catch block to trap the errors in asp.net so that you can see the real error message )

Couple of advices to others like me

1. Ask your web hosing provider to set up write permission on the folder and subfolders where you are going to install it
2.  Change the provided web.config file line
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"  
      to
     <customErrors mode="Off"
    - need to be capital O  - in web.config file  
   You can / should change it back to "RemoteOnly" once the setup and debug is completed.

3.  Modify the  ConnectionStrings.config file so that the connection string for your database is included.
     Add any other connectionstring required for roleManager etc to the same file.

example : My Connectionstring.config file

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=mssql002.newshop.com;Initial Catalog=mydatabasename;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=myUserName;Password=MyPassword;Connect Timeout=120"/>
    <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=mssql0003.newshop.com;Database=nopdb;User Id=myUserName;Password=MyPassword;Trusted_Connection=False;Connect Timeout=30;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
</connectionStrings>

Happy trouble shooting.
14 年 前
Hi Friend even i'm getting the following error
Help me wat to do

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

Source Error:

Line 147:    <roleManager>
Line 148:      <providers>
Line 149:        <add name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
Line 150:        <add name="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
Line 151:      </providers>

Source File: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config    Line: 149

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4200; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016
14 年 前
please my friends help me..

when i asked my host provider to give write permission for the folder to install, he is asking for which user u want the write permission, there are following users:

Plesk Domain User (datapower)  
  FTP accounts (ftp_subaccounts)  
  Plesk IIS User (IUSR_datapower)  
  Plesk IIS WP User (IWPC_4(interweb))  

Please help me..
14 年 前
if it is a permission problem, the users are
Plesk IIS User (IUSR_datapower)  
and
network service (whatever the plesk equivelent is )
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.