mooving images from database to file

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 年 前
Hi,
I have new store where customer already inserted over 1000 products.
Storing images was set for databasewhat was wrong. I need keep it in folder.
How can I move all images to the folder? Is it enough changing store method?
Thanks.
Leszek
10 年 前
Right, just change store method on the media setting page.

Do not forget to make backup before changing this setting
10 年 前
I did that but I in the sgop all products pictures become unavailable.
What I wanted to do:
1 i have store 1000 pictures for 1000 products in database.
2. press "change" in media settings -> pictures stored in..
3. wha happends now? all pictures will export to some folder? (what folder). or I have to upload pictures again?
I'm using nopCommerce 3.0
Thanks.
Leszek
10 年 前
No, clicking "Change" button is enough. All picture binaries will be copied from database to /Content/Images directory
9 年 前
Hi,

Regarding this, if you already have inputted images and you will decide to change where to store images from database to file system, will the records be deleted automatically from the database or I need to delete them manually, cause they are causing database to be large in size.

Thank you for your response.

Regards

Simon
9 年 前
I have a question regarding similar issue:

My images are all located in the /content/images directory..I can see all of them. And, for example, when I use the google product feed generator and specify a different thumbnail size for the images submitted to google, it creates those new images and saves them to my /content/images directory as expected.

The problem is that I just discovered my database has grown to almost 10gb!!!!

So I checked my media settings, and they are set to store images in database!
I never checked this setting because my images have always been in the /content/images directory, so I assumed it was using filesystem for storage.

When you specify database storage, does it also make copies of each image and put them into the /content/images directory ??  Or is this just a problem with my installation?

At this point I MUST change to filesystem immediately, due to database size limitations, but I am concerned that by doing so, nopcommerce will take the time to re-create all of those images..which are already in the /content/images folder.

I do not want image name conflicts or the file-stored images to be renamed and cause my Google product feed items to be removed for having no images..

Recommendations??

Steve
6 年 前
embryo wrote:
I have a question regarding similar issue:

My images are all located in the /content/images directory..I can see all of them. And, for example, when I use the google product feed generator and specify a different thumbnail size for the images submitted to google, it creates those new images and saves them to my /content/images directory as expected.

The problem is that I just discovered my database has grown to almost 10gb!!!!

So I checked my media settings, and they are set to store images in database!
I never checked this setting because my images have always been in the /content/images directory, so I assumed it was using filesystem for storage.

When you specify database storage, does it also make copies of each image and put them into the /content/images directory ??  Or is this just a problem with my installation?

At this point I MUST change to filesystem immediately, due to database size limitations, but I am concerned that by doing so, nopcommerce will take the time to re-create all of those images..which are already in the /content/images folder.

I do not want image name conflicts or the file-stored images to be renamed and cause my Google product feed items to be removed for having no images..

Recommendations??

Steve

Hey, I have the same problem now. I looked up and my DB now is about 10 GB!!! So, did you change to filesystem? What was your experience?
5 年 前
I have had to change mine to file system, it seems to have copied the images into my file system but not deleted them from the DB as the DB size remains the same.
5 年 前
The database size will not change unless you SHRINK it.
This is not really necessary, unless you really need the free space now, because the free space will eventually get reused.

(P.S.  I'd recommend you backup before shrinking, if possible ;)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.