How to import BULK Products along with category mapping ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
i need to import 1000's of products , is there any way to import it along with the CATEGORY so that i don't have to do the category mapping manually ?
PLEASE HELP ME....
14 年 前
anyone please help ?????
14 年 前
I think the only way to do this will be via sql directly
14 年 前
I've hooked the SQL db product/categery, etc. tables to Access using a DSN. I've succesfully updated products on the sql db but I'm still running checks to make sure I get every single field right and the mapping updated correctly.

I'm checking against the XML export files and the sql db but have not completed the project yet.

Once this is done I can batch update products like stock values on a dedicated form (including using default values etc.) in Access.

Not possibly the best way but it suits as a stop gap until I can learn enough to amend the admin side of things and implement bulk imports and batch updates for stock and similar things.

If you've not got Access then the XML/XLS export file into Excel will offer you an insight to the fields and then you can map and import your own data to Excel and preset the values for each item once you know what each value represents -for instance I think One Variant product template was 4 and so on, so you need to be very thorough in knowing what values you need to set otherwise you'll just end up going through the products one by one in Admin - which sort of defeats the purpose.

Finishing this off is my project for the week (time allowing) so if I discover any issues I'll post them up.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.