Help to test my developing nopcommerce site

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 年 前
I installed the site and am learning to edit features. I have it on my localhost, but I would like a couple of friends to help me test and tweak it over the Internet without yet going to a web hosting service. Can anyone give me an idea of how I can serve it up from my local machine so my friends can test it out over the Internet (maybe on a virtual private network?)
10 年 前
If you've an adsl connection, setup your IIS on your PC and tell your IP Address to your friend, so they can connect to your development website.
10 年 前
Maybe you had a good idea, but your expression of it was not very useful. I already had IIS installed. Simply giving someone my IP address is not going to make it work. I did some research. I am running IIS 7.5 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit machine. It is on a local network. First of all, I had to set up my computer with the server allow remote connections by going to the computer properties and select remote settings. Under the Remote tab, I had to select the box to allow remote assistance connections; and also allow connections only from computers running remote desktop with network level authentication. That was not enough though. I found out that I also had to open a port on my router under port forwarding. That also required some research. I found that Windows' remote access uses port 3389. I guess one could use any port that is not already open and being used, though. In addition to that, one has to find out his server machine's IP address because that is the address that remote connection requests will be port forwarded to. One final thing is to find out one's external IP address, as that is the one you have to give anyone wanting to connect remotely. Finally, one then can open Windows' Remote Desktop Connection application in its Accessories folder and run it. There is where one types in the external IP addresss. Then a pop-up dialog asks for the credentials to log in to the remote server computer. I created a user and limited its access rights. I found that it works very well for what I needed. Anyway, I posted this for anyone that may want to do the same thing I wanted to do. This is a bit more clear than - "give your friend your IP address."
10 年 前
No, you are taking the hardest way.

- On the firewall of your pc open the standard http port (80)
- On your router forward the traffic on port 80 to your pc
- Give your friend your ip address and with ip address I mean your router address, not your local area network address

This is a very basic network setup and I thought you know what I was saying.
10 年 前
silvanet wrote:
Maybe you had a good idea, but your expression of it was not very useful. I already had IIS installed. Simply giving someone my IP address is not going to make it work. I did some research. I am running IIS 7.5 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit machine. It is on a local network. First of all, I had to set up my computer with the server allow remote connections by going to the computer properties and select remote settings. Under the Remote tab, I had to select the box to allow remote assistance connections; and also allow connections only from computers running remote desktop with network level authentication. That was not enough though. I found out that I also had to open a port on my router under port forwarding. That also required some research. I found that Windows' remote access uses port 3389. I guess one could use any port that is not already open and being used, though. In addition to that, one has to find out his server machine's IP address because that is the address that remote connection requests will be port forwarded to. One final thing is to find out one's external IP address, as that is the one you have to give anyone wanting to connect remotely. Finally, one then can open Windows' Remote Desktop Connection application in its Accessories folder and run it. There is where one types in the external IP addresss. Then a pop-up dialog asks for the credentials to log in to the remote server computer. I created a user and limited its access rights. I found that it works very well for what I needed. Anyway, I posted this for anyone that may want to do the same thing I wanted to do. This is a bit more clear than - "give your friend your IP address."

This is a crazy solution. You're not testing your IIS remotely.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.