CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser Line: 1 error! Need solution please!!!!!!!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Hello,

Before I un-install my application – AGAIN – I would like to see if there is anyone who may have a solution for this.

I have done absolutely nothing to the code side of nopCommerce and I keep getting the below error. Can anyone please shed some light on this!!!!!

I'm ready to pull my hair out.

Thank you in advance and I will buy the person who solves this for me a beer!

Clay Aucoin

I can be reached by email at [email protected] also.

<!--- START OF ERROR --->

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <browsers>
Line 2:    <browser refID="Default">
Line 3:      <controlAdapters>

Source File: /App_Browsers/CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser    Line: 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053
14 年 前
I should have done more research before I made my initial post.

After I made my post crying like a little baby, my curiosity got the best of me and I did more research and came across this topic:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/Boards/Topic.aspx?TopicID=246

After deleting the /App_Browsers/CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser file my site came back up.

This seems to be an important file, I have no idea. I was just wondering if the nopCommerce dev team has come up with a solution other than just deleting this file.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks. P.S. the beer offer still exists ;)
14 年 前
Hi,

Removing the browser file is certainly not the solution. As both Daniel and Mike state on the other post, you need to ensure that a) the CSSFriendly dll is referenced in your project and b) if you downloaded the full source version make sure you recompile the project.

Finally I would check that you have .net 3.5sp1 installed on the machine running nopCommerce as I have seen references to this fixing problems with the CSSFriendly adapters

HTH
14 年 前
I also faced the similar problem and same error message, where my CSSFriendly dll was placed in the bin\debug folder and not in bin folder. After In placed it in bin folder, the error was gone.

Thanks
Venkat
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.