Can you help me install on GoDaddy?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
I first set-up the database (like in the video). I uploaded all files (no source) and navigated to install.aspx

I then successfully completed the install (after modifying the ConnectionStrings.config)

On the last page (4) of the install, it directed me to click the link to go to my site. That's the first time I saw the error:
"We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete....."

Darn, so I did a few searches on google and the forum and found this post. I modified the permissions to read and write on the image directory. Still nothing. I then decided to removed everything from my hosting site and start fresh.

After creating a new database and reloading everything, I now can not even get to the install screen. At Install/install.aspx I get the same error as above.

I feel like I am moving backwards and have already spent 6 hours trying to install (the guy in the video only took 10 minutes!).

Should I move on from nopCommerce? If anyone has some sound technical advice, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
14 年 前
You could always move hosts.  Whats the big incentive to use GoDaddy? Don't move on from nopCommerce the issues you are having are related to goDaddy not nopCommerce.
14 年 前
I agree with Skiltz.
14 年 前
Hi,

i have already installed at godaddy.

For godaddy you have to follow this procedure.

1.) Login to your godaddy account.
2.) Get into your hosting ...
3.) Click your Applications Link.
4.) Click ecommerce.
5.) Now Select nopcommerce and install.
6.) Make sure you write down your admin email and password.
7.) After successful installation, if you are using customized nopcommerce with same database, replace the files at hosting server.
8.) I have followed this way and it was the easiest way i could find to install at godaddy.

My website http://www.chromeworkscycle.com Motorcycle Parts

If you need any help, let me know

Regards,
Adil
14 年 前
Adil,
Thank you very much!
This worked great to install.
This should be noted some where on this site so other people do not get discouraged with GoDaddy.

Thank You.

Sid
14 年 前
Sid,

I am glad it worked for you.

Regards,
Adil
14 年 前
I need some help here, too. I installed nopCommerce on GoDaddy, I wrote down my email account and and password and it still will not let me login. For what it is worth, the user and admin links show the same login dialog.
14 年 前
Hi n6mon,

Please tell me what message it gives, when you login ?

If it says invalid id or password then you have to follow these steps

1.) Login to your godaddy account.
2.) Get into your hosting ...
3.) Go to Databases --> SQL Server
4.) (I assume you know your database name and password, if not let me know) Click Manage Via Web admin Link.
5.) In the new page enter your login credentials.
6.) Now click Query Analyzer Link at left side.
7.) Enter the following code and press execute button

SET IDENTITY_INSERT [dbo].[Nop_Customer] ON
INSERT INTO [dbo].[Nop_Customer]([CustomerID],[CustomerGUID],[Email],[PasswordHash],[SaltKey],[AffiliateID],[BillingAddressID],[ShippingAddressID],[LastPaymentMethodID],[LastAppliedCouponCode],[LanguageID],[CurrencyID],[IsAdmin],[Active],[Deleted],[RegistrationDate],[IsGuest],[TaxDisplayTypeID],[TimeZoneID],[Username],[IsForumModerator],[TotalForumPosts],[AvatarID],[Signature]) VALUES(101,'18c4f7dc-2964-41db-9611-8a313bf672d3','[email protected]','E13AEC70E605CB0398BD5EC03090231FF0F0335F','cA9vL6k=',0,0,0,0,'',7,1,1,1,0,CAST(0x00009B3600C2192F AS DateTime),0,1,'Mountain Standard Time','Admin',1,0,0,'')
SET IDENTITY_INSERT [dbo].[Nop_Customer] OFF
GO

8.) After successful script insertion your login email is a[email protected] and password is 123456

Hope it works for you.

Regards,
Adil
14 年 前
Hi Adil/Anyone else who can help

I am stuck at a point before this, I think. When I try this, I get a message saying: Cannot find the object "dbo.Nop_Customer" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

I am stuck on step 3 of the install, and I get the error The database 'buyhereshow' doesn't exist!

I have verified 230498 times that this is the correct name of my database. I am pasting in the configuration information if case that helps at at all.

Thanks

William

*  ODBC:
    * Driver={SQL Server}; Server=buyhereshow.db.2866677.hostedresource.com; Database=buyhereshow; Uid=buyhereshow; Pwd='your password';

* OLE DB, OleDbConnection (.NET):
    * Provider=sqloledb; Data Source=buyhereshow.db.2866677.hostedresource.com; Initial Catalog=buyhereshow; User ID=buyhereshow; Password='your password';

* SqlConnection (.NET):
    * Data Source=buyhereshow.db.2866677.hostedresource.com; Initial Catalog=buyhereshow; User ID=buyhereshow; Password='your password';

* Publishing Wizard Connection:
    * URL: https://p3mssqlpub.secureserver.net
      What are the Database Publishing Service and Database Publishing Wizard?
14 年 前
The easiest way to add nopcommerce to godaddy is to let them do it. Follow the instructions on the following site, but replace zencart with godaddy. Takes about 5 minutes and you will be up and running.
http://www.geraelindsey.com/zencart-1-3-8-tutorials/how-to-install-zencart-at-godaddy
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.