Does nop runs on sql server express 2008 with advance services

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Hi,

I am first time user of the nopCommerce, I liked the system and want to practice it. Would someone mind me a URL for any guide on nopCommerce.

Secondly, Does nop runs on sql server express 2008 with advance services?

Regards

S Ahmad
14 年 前
I think it should work with sql server 2008 with advanced services.

regards,
Adil
14 年 前
Hi adil,

Thanks for reply, one more thing. Can it be tested on local server or you have to buy a hosting server to test it.

Thanks
14 年 前
you areable to run it on a local machine - go to microsift website and search for web platform installer
14 年 前
I can verify that it runs on MS SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services and locally.  That is my current set-up and it worked flawlessly for me.  Thanks.

Chris
14 年 前
Related question, maybe, maybe not:

I am using Visual Web Developer Express 2008. Am I able to use the source version?

I am adding nopCommerce to an existing site and would like to work with it on my local machine before uploading it. My mina concern is being able to adjust the design to match the current site as closely as possible.

Thanks for any help.
14 年 前
you can use VWD  to run the website and alter the design/layout of the store but you cannot use it to recompile any c# code changes you make - for this you need Visual Studio
14 年 前
I'm running Visual Studio Express 2008 and I can run the site on the dev server fine and write and build the C#code no problem. Only thing that doesn't function are the dependencies but this has to date not limited my development in any way.
14 年 前
thanks for the heads up, but I have run into a problem.  I understand that I can't see any of the folders when unpacking as a solution, even though VWD express will still open the solution, and it looks like my SQL Server '08 will let me run the install locally - to a point. Just can't finish it up that way.

i can install it through my hosting provider (GoDaddy). It's part of their add on apps - pretty cool.

But, what I wanted to do was install it as the instructions which i paid for and downladed say. I unpackaged the no source version, but could not see use the master pages to modify the styles (themes). When I uploaded and tried to run install/install.aspx it gave me a compiler error.

Are there any changes to the document to help me make this work the way I need to. I don't need to mess with the modules, just skin it and have a sense of some control over the look.

rcnopcom - if i am running into a problem with the install.aspx file, what could i be doing differently? according to the video i should be able to upload the files to a folder within the domain (ex. site.com/store/). does the web.comfig need to go in the root - and what else would at that point?
14 年 前
I have installed 3 versions of nopcommerce to develop and each time the install has run perfectly. I assume you have sql installed properly for a start and that you are using the correct server name (.\sqlexpress) during the install.

Maybe paste the error message into your next post - I'm sure someone has experienced a similar install issue at sometime.

I haven't loaded to an ISP yet I'm still developing locally so I'm not sure about any problems you might have there, but it seems GoDaddy are popular as are SoftSys so I'm sure they'll be able to set you up OK.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.