Shipping Problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
I am in the process of setting up my first nopCommerce website v 1.4, I have everything working except for the dhipping. I want to be able to give free basic shipping on all purchases over $30, which works, however I am not able to add an additional fee if they want over night. How do I setup shipping to allow free basic shipping and charge an additional fee for two day?
14 年 前
probably the easiest way is adding/activating a second shipping method (configuration -> shipping -> shipping methods); in the payment method page, you can make free shipping default but customers can also choose express shipping if they want
14 年 前
Tony - Thank you for the response, I actually have three choices selected in the shipping method. I also tried setting up fedex. The prices are available until they reach the $30.00 mark which I have set in the shipping settings. checking the box for free shipping over X and set the value to 30.00. Everytime I pass the 30 mark everything is free. I am going to try a few other things, but if you can think of something else please lewt me know.

I am currently setting up at http://bigkickergear.com.mytemweb.com while I work out the bugs.

Thanks again.
14 年 前
sorry, I actually misread your question;

I guess you could either
add a checkbox "express" to the page and change the code behind accordingly
or you could supply your own class and set up a new Shipping Rate Computation Method
14 年 前
you could UN tick the free shipping box.

set a shipping method called for example 'free shipping' and then
use ,say, shipping by weight - then set 1 shipping by weight option
as being 0 to 1000   =  £0.00 (using your free shipping method.

then, set your fed ex method and you can set the price for this that suits

that way the there is no automatic free shipping, its just that the 'free shipping' shipping by weight computation method  will have no price to apply

you are also free to introduce further shipping options
14 年 前
I must be missing something somewhere, I have not done any coding for sometime so that would take more time than I have.

What I am looking to do is just have the base fee for shipping, if the purchase is over $30.00 than no charge. I also would like the ability to have the customer choose overnight or whatever and be charged the additional fee.

Is this something that will be available in the next release? or perhaps I should just add a coupon for free shipping which will deduct the standard fee.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the help.
14 年 前
I don't think it is possible without some coding to do exactly what you want to do;

the only thing I can think of otherwise is to set up a second shipping method, e.g. "overnight express", and then add that in your shipping rate computations as a second record;

the problem with it is that you would have to charge the exact same amount x for all purchases, so whether the total is above or below 30, you'd always charge x, rather than calculated shipping charge + x (so you would lose out on purchases below $30 unless you set x to already include your standard delivery charge)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.