Newsletter signup form and picture upload options - 2 questons

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
I've been playing with 1.5 all day.  Seems great.  There are two things (so far) that I can't figure out how to do.

1) Is there a way using the administration back end to remove/hide/disable the newsletter sign up form in the left panel?

2) Where does one go in the back end to change from having pictures stored in the SQL DB to being stored in a file?  

Thanks.
14 年 前
1) don't see anywhere

2) admin-->configuration-->all settings-->go to page 5-->  Media.Images.StoreInDB        set to false

but you have to set this from the start, you cant upload some images and then switch back to using the database or vice versa
14 年 前
Thanks.  

I removed the newsletter section by just commenting out the code in NewsLetterSubscriptionBoxControl.ascx and NewsLetterSubscriptionBoxControl.ascx.cs

I was pawing through all the settings but was looking for Picture... should have thought of Media.

Dell
14 年 前
To remove the newsletter subscription box I altered the "TwoColumn.master" master page located in wwwroot/MasterPages and removed the ascx registration and the top of the document.

"<%@ Register TagPrefix="nopCommerce" TagName="NewsLetterSubscriptionBoxControl" Src="~/Modules/NewsLetterSubscriptionBoxControl.ascx" %>"

and also remove the "<nopCommerce:NewsLetterSubscriptionBoxControl runat="server" />"

That way you don't have the master page loading an additional un-needed user control.  I'm sure there is an easier way, just haven't found it yet.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.