So dum question but What is and how do you perform a rebuild after editing a .cs file??

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
bkindustries wrote:
So then does nay know what I can do to get the site back up and running?

I have already deleted and upload the entire server back up from before I made the change and it hasn't had any luck in restoring the site to functioning...

Did you have your db backed up?  Did you use the backup?
14 年 前
Thank you asp5.  Does this mean you work with two different databases? And when you upload your files which files do you make sure to exclude??

Chad
14 年 前
bkindustries wrote:
So dum question but What is and how do you perform a rebuild after editing a .cs file??

To Re-build

Save changes you made in pages in Visual Studio

You cannot Re-build your whole project 100% in Visual Studio Web Developer 2008 Express Edition as it doesn't generate proper Dll files

You need to have Visual Studio 2008 Professional Or Standard Edition Or Enterprise Edition

in Visual Studio, after saving changes in pages, Go to Menu bar above > You will see Build, Select "Build" > and click on "Rebuild Solution"

to make easy for you: refer to this image

Hope it helps
14 年 前
Yup, got it.  Now when you put the files up to the server, do you exclude any files? Do you only put the files that were changed? or Do you put all files in the directory?

Chad

Oh, by the way, the Symbol Factory is pretty cool.  I might have to try it.
14 年 前
So first question, I am using visual studio 2008 professional, which area do I go into to edit the .cs file? the c# extension? Cause I cannot see the build tab up top. Secondly, after I do a "re-build" do I just upload the file after as normal?
14 年 前
bkindustries wrote:
So first question, I am using visual studio 2008 professional, which area do I go into to edit the .cs file? the c# extension? Cause I cannot see the build tab up top. Secondly, after I do a "re-build" do I just upload the file after as normal?

You will see all your files in the solution explorer, if the panel is not open, go to view in the tool bar and click on solution explorer.  I don't know why you don't see the built tab in the toolbar, but the keyboard shortcut is F6.  From what I understand... you make your change to the file, save the file, build the solution, then upload the changed file and the bin folder to your server.

Chad
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.