Email not delivered

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
I have configured the email settings appropriately. I am aware what the parameters are about and what the values are in my case, certainly I am using the same values as for my MSSQL mail set up which works fine. When I send a test email the response is "Email successfully sent", but it is never delivered. I have tried alternative values, just in case, even though I am reasonably sure of the values that give the success message, and the alternative values return appropriate error messages, as expected. The impression I get, for the success message case, is that nopcommerce negotiates connection to the mail server and on recieving a successful connection response just returns that message and then goes no further, i.e does not then send the email, the same action as with a connection error message. I have seen many posts on the net about this, many refer to using a relay server, which I tried to no avail. From other posts it obviously works for most installs. To save "reinventing the wheel" if anybody has an answer to this it would be appreciated.
14 年 前
Make sure you have correct values in all the fields:

Store Admin E-Mail: yourADMINe-mail.com
Store Admin Email Display Name: adminDISPLAYname
Host: yourmail.hosting ( could be IP Address too)
Port: 25
User: Your user e-mail login
password: Your user e-mail password
Enable SSL: Unchecked
Use default credentials: Unchecked

(NopCommerce Team recommends to find a mail server which uses 25 port )
14 年 前
Have you tried sending to a different email address?
14 年 前
Have you tried sending to a different email address?
14 年 前
Mathew is correct, check the e-mail address your sending this test e-mail to.

Because when you're getting this message "Email successfully sent", it seems like your mail settings are fine, try different e-mail address and check inbox as well as spam folder for e-mail
14 年 前
Thanks for your help guys, but as I said I had determined that the values I have supplied are correct (work fine in my MSSQL instance), as indeed I now know they are as I have now solved the problem, and it is nothing to do with the wrong values. It seems outlook does not like the nopcommerce test message and refused to put in my inbox without informing me, despite my outlook settings specifying I should be informed (a seperate problem). Adding myself to my safe senders list has solved the problem.

BTW it is not necessarily correct to say that Enable SSL should be unchecked, it depends on the mail server, my ISPs mail server requires that it is checked.
14 年 前
It seems getting the test email to work is only part of the story as it is now the only email working. All other emails, New registration, email a friend etc just sits in the queue with a time sent of "not yet sent". I saw a post stating that mails in the queue are picked up and sent by background threads and advising to check the appropriate web.config setting in scheduled tasks for emails is present and correct. As far as I can see this is correct but the messages are still stuck in the queue so any help here would be gratefully appreciated. BTW I have version 1.50
14 年 前
well this probably results from you haven't set proper parameters in the email sections in iis.

run iis, and find smtp-email section, follow the wizard and you'll send out your emails.
14 年 前
Thanks for your input larrylan, but I have already set that, although in IIS7 I do not find any wizard just the page where one specifies the parameter values. I have used the parameters that I know are correct from setting up outlook and MSSQL email, and the the same settings that get the nopcommerce test email working. It seems that the mail in the nopcommerce message queues is sent by nopcommerce background tasks. I noticed that along with the emails and other background tasks the web.config has en entry for a database backup set for 3600 (1 hour) but with enable set to false. So I checked that a manual database backup worked ok and then set enable to true and an interval of 300 (5mins) as the manual backup took a lot less than 5 mins. I then restarted IIS with IISRESET. 50 mins later and no more backups whatsoever. It would seem that the scheduled tasks do not run with nopcommerce 1.5 on vista and IIS7, unless someone knows better?
14 年 前
I have solved this problem, at least what the problem was for me. I decided to see if I could debug the problem in VWD 2008 and I had no sooner run nopcommerce in debug in VWD when the emails started coming through. Now nopcommerce source for 1.5 comes configured to use ASP.NET developer service rather than IIS so obviously something different between the two. I seemed to remember reading somewhere that ASP.NET developer service uses integrated pipeline, new at IIS7, yet I seemed to remember that in IIS7 manager I had noticed the application pools by default use clasic pipeline, which on checking was the case. I figured that as the message queues are handled internally by nopcommerce via background tasks this could be causing the problem. So I changed the application pool used by nopcommerce to integrated and lo and behold all email is now working. This may not, of course, be what is causing the emails not being sent problems for others, but I would suggest it is worth checking out.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.