Debug vs Release configs in no source and source version.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Greetings Nop devs. I assume that you recommend to re-compile the entire project into Release mode. By default in Visual Studio (and express editions) all of the libraries are set to "Debug" mode. Also, I see in the web.config that

<compilation debug="true">
      <assemblies>
        <add assembly="System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add assembly="System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
      </assemblies>
      <expressionBuilders>
        <add expressionPrefix="NopResources" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Localization.NopResourceExpressionBuilder, Nop.BusinessLogic"/>
      </expressionBuilders>
    </compilation>

is intact. I think I've seen this in both the source and no source version of the file downloads. I've seen a few references online that it is not good to leave <compilation debug="true"> in place on production servers. It loads a lot of extra debug code into temporary files on the .net server, and so on and so on. In my own naivite I never really looked too close at the web.configs (again, my own naivite).

Just wondering how the developers intended for this to be set in a production environment, and how perhaps other 3rd party developers who help clients install NopC (1..4 or 1.5) handle release mode vs debug mode compilation.

Thoughts?
14 年 前
You should definetly set <compilation debug="false"> on a production server otherwise it will slow down the site.  I presume if you download the source code version of nop its probably set to true for development purposes.  I would hope the "no source" is set to false.  Would need to check.
14 年 前
Both 1.4 and 1.5 'no source' downloads include it set to true. (checked again to be sure...)
14 年 前
My other question is whether the 'no source' version of the .dlls and so forth were compiled in "Release" mode, or in "Debug" mode. As would that not also effect the footprint and processor usage of the code itself? Or would that be governed only by the debugging setting in the web.config on a web app? (my naivite shining again).

And thank you for your reply.
13 年 前
Up.
The same is true for 1.6 "no source" version: web.config has debug=true.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.