Please help installing... Getting a runtime error when trying to install.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
I'm fairly new to asp.net.  I have uploaded all files to server.  when I navigate to www.solarmecca.com/meccauniversity/store/Install/install.aspx, I get the following:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Details:  To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

I have done so and still get the same error.  I'm pretty sure it's a .net 3.5 issue as on my server (www.ixwebhosting.com) when I go into the control panel, I only get the option for asp.net version 2.0.50727.  I spoke with tech support and they say that 3.5 built applications will still work on their servers even though it only allows me to select 2.0.50727.  Is this the case?  Am I doing something wrong?

************Update*************
I now realize that .net 3.5 is just an updated version of 2.0 and won't show up as an option but I'm still getting the above error and nopCommerce will not install.  Amy help would be appreciated.
14 年 前
Hi and welcome to nopCommerce.  What i suggest you do is turn off custom error messages in the web.config  <customErrors mode="Off" /> and then reload the page.  This should give you a more detailed error message.  Please post this back here.
14 年 前
I finally realized  (duh) that there's a web.config in the nopcommerce folder which is overriding the ~/web.config.  I looked and it has custom errors turned on (which I suppose needs to be that way).  I still cannot get this to install on an ixwebhosting.com account.  Can anyone help?
14 年 前
Btw, I'm still getting the above errors of not being able to see them because custom errors is turned on.
14 年 前
I was able to turn off custom errors and here's what I'm getting:

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 88:       </expressionBuilders>
Line 89:     </compilation>
Line 90:     <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 91:       <forms name="NOPCOMMERCE.AUTH" loginUrl="~/Login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="43200" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" defaultUrl="~/default.aspx" enableCrossAppRedirects="false"/>
Line 92:     </authentication>

Source File: d:\hshome\solarmecca\solarmecca.com\meccauniversity\store\web.config    Line: 90

Can someone help with this?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.