Setting Up Canada Post

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
What are the steps to ensuring that shipping calculations by Canada Post works and is accurate?

In configuration under the shipping rate computation method the default settings are as follows;

Canada Post URL: sellonline.canadapost.ca
Canada Post Port: 30000
Canada Post Customer ID: CPC_DEMO_XML

These settings seem to work for the most part but a problem I am getting is that when you add multiple items to your cart then proceed to checkout it says "Unable to Connect to Canada Post". Is there a weight limit for Canada Post? I only get this error when adding multiple items. Next question, do I need to get my own Canada Post Customer ID or can I use the Defualt?

Thank you
13 年 前
i got my canada post ID and account today, hopefully everyhting works. maybe u should try too?

so far i get this error in shipping area

Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.SocketPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
13 年 前
Hi,
Did you guys find a solution for this?
I am having the same problem. CanadaPost works with the default provided Customer ID only whe you have 2 items. More than 2 items I get the msg saying "Shipping options could not be loaded.".

Can anyone can tell me the setps on how to configur shipping?

Thanks
-S
12 年 前
Hi,
Godaddy.com does not allow socket connections on shared hosting, which is why Canada Post gives the error:
"System.Exception: Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.SocketPermission, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed".
However, Canada Post gives us 2 methods to connect: "TCP Sockets" and "HTTP POST protocol".  Here is the Canada Post link to help anyone who can develop an HTTP Post protocol version:
http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/DevelopersResources/protocolV3/index.html

So aside from having the "Socket" method, Can anyone please give us an "HTTP POST"-version method to connect in Nopcommerce 1.9/2.0 as well, within the CanadaPostComputationMethod.cs file?

This will help everybody a lot because this will expand our clients to include Canada.  Thanks.
12 年 前
By the way, here is the Canada Post link for anyone who can develop an HTTP Post protocol version within the CanadaPostComputationMethod.cs file:
http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/DevelopersResources/protocolV3/index.html

Thanks in advance.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.