Don't show email in product reviews?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Hello,

How can I set it so that users/customers email address don't show up in product reviews..

Customers have complained about getting spammed do to bots scraping for email address.

Thanks
Shane
14 年 前
hello shane

you can get rid of e-mail addresses by changing the settings in admin area:

Go to admin section > Configuration > Global Settings > Choose Tab "Customer Profile" (If you're using 1.5 version)

if you're using 1.4 version then i guess it's -> admin section > Configuration > Global Settings > SEO/Display

so according to your version follow the path and you will see "Customer name format:"

you can change it by selecting value from drop down menu: change it to "Show username" or "Show Full Name"

and save the settings

now instead of e-mail address, username or full name will be displayed
14 年 前
i think i am correct in thinking that if you started out with  'use email addresses' then  the usernames  will have been created the same as the email addresses by default -

i also think that you cannot edit the usernames from admin, you have to look in the database table NOP_Customer  you can change the username here
12 年 前
How do you do this in newer versions such as 2.40?

It is not acceptable at all to display someones email address on a public website. See http://4men.ie/productreviews/196 for an example - we wish to hide this email address for all users.
12 年 前
I've figured out how to change it to display "full name" instead of email address. This is better but still just first name would be better in my opinion.
3 年 前
My version 4.2 was showing email address on reviews. I freaked out! Nobody that I can think of would want their email address advertised!
Anyway, I went to settings/customer settings/scroll down to /Account/Customer Name Format and choose "Show First Name". (that was my choice)

Choice are:
*Show Emails
*Show usernames
*Show Full Names
*Show First Names
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.