Running nopCommerce 150 in VS2010 .Net 4.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
I am testing with the recently released Visual Studio 2010.  In bringing a clean nopCommerce 150 solution into VS2010, I allowed Visual Studio to upgrade the entire solution to .NET 4.0.  No errors were encountered, but 1 warning was in the very last project...UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter.  The following message was in the conversion report.

"Your project is targeting .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0. If your project uses assemblies requiring a newer .NET Framework, your project will fail to build. You can change the .NET Framework version by clicking Properties on the project menu and then selecting a new version in the '.NET Framework' dropdown box. (In Visual Basic, this is located on the Compile tab by clicking the 'Advanced Compiler Options...' button.)"

Has anyone else seen this message and does anyone know what the issue/impact of this is?

Thanks in advance!
14 年 前
should be no impact on nopcommerce but if you set it to .net 4.0  then you will need to find a hosting company that supports this - which will no doubt charge a premium for the new technology

i suggest you leave it targeted for the latter - nop will be as happy as your wallet :)

also, unless you have bought vs2010, then the trial versions will expire and you will need to revert to .net 3.0 - i don't think you will be able to make a backward conversion to target it to an earlier version of the framework if you use .net 4.0 components
14 年 前
VS2010! It can target frameworks 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0.  The only problem is once a solution and its projects are upgraded from an earlier version there is no easy way of reverting.

For more infor : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/ee679805.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.