[Question] Email Setup using Office 365

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 年 前
I use the email that came with my Office 365 subscription. But I haven't found out what information to use. So far, 'smtp.office365.com' and port 587, along with the combinations for the check boxes don't allow Nop to send test emails.
8 年 前
I'm having the same issue and would like to know if anyone has been able to get the SMTP with Office 365 to work within NOPCommerce.
8 年 前
Do you have SSL checked?  (correct user id & password? ;)

Did you try to send test email from config page? What error do you get?
8 年 前
After looking closer at the errors I was getting I figured it out. The email I had in the Email address line was different from the User line, and since I didn't give the user I was using permission to send emails on behalf of the other email, I was getting an error.

So here is the working setup that I finally got working.

Email Address: [email protected] (needs to be the same as the user email unless you give the proper send permissions in office 365)
Email Display Name: Random Name
Host: smtp.office365.com
Port: 587
User: [email protected]
Password: Office 365 password for user [email protected]
SSL: checked
Use Default Credentials: unchecked

That's the setup that I finally got working.
3 年 前
It's not working. I think there is an issue with port number and encryption type. Is there anyone who fix this?
3 年 前
agreed, it's not working, error as below...

An error occurred while attempting to establish an SSL or TLS connection. This usually means that the SSL certificate presented by the server is not trusted by the system for one or more of the following reasons: 1. The server is using a self-signed certificate which cannot be verified. 2. The local system is missing a Root or Intermediate certificate needed to verify the server's certificate. 3. A Certificate Authority CRL server for one or more of the certificates in the chain is temporarily unavailable. 4. The certificate presented by the server is expired or invalid. Another possibility is that you are trying to connect to a port which does not support SSL/TLS. It is also possible that the set of SSL/TLS protocols supported by the client and server do not match. See https://github.com/jstedfast/MailKit/blob/master/FAQ.md#SslHandshakeException for possible solutions.
3 年 前
I think above is due to TLS settings in NOP code?

Anyhow, Method 3 from here works

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-microsoft-365-or-office-365

tested with 365 account and NOP 4.3
3 年 前
miles wrote:
I think above is due to TLS settings in NOP code?

Anyhow, Method 3 from here works

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-microsoft-365-or-office-365

tested with 365 account and NOP 4.3

Thank you for providing the work around.

I think that I correctly followed the steps in Method 3, but I'm getting an error when attempting to send a test email, "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. "

With regards to step 9, would the MX record from step 3 be pasted into the "Host" in NopCommerce?

Thank you!
3 年 前
GreatAdventure.ca wrote:

With regards to step 9, would the MX record from step 3 be pasted into the "Host" in NopCommerce?

Thank you!

Thanks Miles for coming up with a solution, but please disregard my question.

If anyone else is facing this issue with version 4.3 and  Office 365. Please check out this post:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/82489/email-setup-on-azure-hosted-app

Simply uncheck SSL.

Thanks  Jo!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.