Getting error when I use import feature

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
The 'Microsoft.Ace.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

I don't understand this, can someone please help? I am no computer programmer, so if you could please put the solution in easy to understand and follow instructions..would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Walt
13 年 前
The error shows that OLE DB Provider is required for
import feature. but it is not installed on your PC.

Please install the following the runtime of microsoft access.
Probably, this will solve the problem.

2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=7554f536-8c28-4598-9b72-ef94e038c891
13 年 前
Not working, but then again not really sure what it is that I am supposed to do with that after I installed it anyway? I did install it as instructed, but when I do the same thing that I have been doing, still get error. I am trying to import by bulk products via noscommerce admin panel "import from excel" selection. I am wandering if that error is saying that that installation that you just had me do to my pc is actually needed to be done by godaddy, being as it is being imported to their server, not my pc??? I don't know, been up all night and half the day now trying to figure this out.

I contacted Godaddy and they said that it is trying to access excel 2007 and they only support up to 2003. I am completely lost. Anymore help would be great though. Just remember easy instructions please :o)

I read some of the other strings in the forum related to this error, but as I am not that program savvy, not sure of the understanding of any of it..all I know is that I don't want to spend so much time individually uploading all my products one by one, as it seems that would take forever lol. I know there is some way to do this, just don't have the experience or exact know how. However I can follow directions pretty good though..hint hint :o)

Also at this stage I am even willing to send the excel file that needs to be imported to anyone who wants to take a look to see better of what I am dealing with and maybe that way it would be easier to see what needs to be done and then able to give instruction. I can send it via email unless anyone has other ideas?

Again thanks
13 年 前
If error message is displayed in browser, the word "local machine"
in the message means the web server.
Data Connectivity Component must be installed on the machine.
(please replace the word "your PC" with "your server" in my previous post)

I noticed same problem was reported some times just now.
Did you check the official answer by nopCommerce team ?
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/topic.aspx?topicid=3756
13 年 前
Ok still not really sure what I am doing but now I get thie error when trying to import via nopcommerce admin:

"Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types."

What I did so far is:

I exported to excel from inside nopcommerce admin panel and then I have just been using that file as a template and just copying and pasting etc.. when I get to the point where I am now the cells, columns for the details for the rest of the areas I am just leaving those fields blank because the new products that i am addings' info etc. is different, so I figure this way I can upload the bulk products and then edit, add the neccessary info, details for each product from within the admin panel of noscommerce ie. manage products etc...

Hope that wasn't too confusing :o) Oh and by the way for those that have been trying to help me..THANKS I really appreciate it.

So now how do I deal with the new error message or get around it etc. ? I think I understand that the reason it is showing this error is because of leaving the areas blank, hence "DbNULL". I tell you this is quite the extensive learning curve. However I guess learning new things is good though. :o)

Can you please outline in steps the process now to finally complete this two day journey?

Thanks
13 年 前
Ok I finally got past all the errors while bulk importing from excel and all products and descriptions are uploaded etc..
Now I am stuck as to how to get the images for each perspective product to link up in bulk?

I already uploaded images..I think to the correct directory etc..

How is this done, can anyone please instruct me as to the steps to take to do this?

In short I have all products uploaded via import from excel via the noscommerce admin panel and I ftpd the images folder, images, but how do I get them all to connect so the amges show with the products without having to do each and every single product image one at a time?

I know that normal process one at a time is to upload each image from my hard drive to each perspective product manually, but how to do this in bulk?

Thanks again :o)
13 年 前
thetopgun wrote:
Ok I finally got past all the errors while bulk importing from excel and all products and descriptions are uploaded etc..
Now I am stuck as to how to get the images for each perspective product to link up in bulk?

I already uploaded images..I think to the correct directory etc..

How is this done, can anyone please instruct me as to the steps to take to do this?

In short I have all products uploaded via import from excel via the noscommerce admin panel and I ftpd the images folder, images, but how do I get them all to connect so the amges show with the products without having to do each and every single product image one at a time?

I know that normal process one at a time is to upload each image from my hard drive to each perspective product manually, but how to do this in bulk?

Thanks again :o)

You can get some information about this from here : http://nopcommerce.com/boards/topic.aspx?topicid=4143
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.