PRODUCT SPECIFICATION - preloaded ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
I have around 10 product specifications for each product, they are the same specifications attribute everytime and for 80% of them they use the same specification attribute option. It's really slow and tiresome repeating the same process over and over for each product.

I'd like to preload the 10 specifications attributes everytime I create a product and default them to an attribute option in the specifications tab.

What's the best way to go about this - I've added extra fields to the product and product variant tables so I've got a good idea of how the products work but I'm not sure what approach to take to this.

I've looked at how ProductInfoAdd loads a new product to the productvariant table so I'm thinking something on these lines any ideas on this please ?
13 年 前
There is no function in the current version (1.5) to do this. We have imported the specs via SQL.
13 年 前
Actually realised I wasn't looking at a simple option which is to use the copy button !

Not sure if this is a useful tip or stating the obvious : I created a category called TEMPLATES which are unpublished and added all the dozen or so core products I have to this category. Added the the product info to each template and now only have to change a minimal amount of data for each new product.

I'm sure that copy button wasn't there yesterday..
13 年 前
linkXperts wrote:
There is no function in the current version (1.5) to do this. We have imported the specs via SQL.

It will be great if you could post the method (step by step) by which you imported bulk specifications related to products
13 年 前
I think my first post was misunderstood.

I'm not trying to import any existing product data - this was for new products. I just want to minimise the amount of time it takes to create a new product by defaulting to the most common attibutes I use for each product and thus stop typing the same thing every time.

I just didn't think about using the COPY button, creating templates and copying from these until just after I posted the question on the forum - as usual, must be a thing that posting a question is the only way to put my brain in gear !
13 年 前
You're going to have a real nightmare if your specifications ever change :)
Although, you could make a blanket change via SQL.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.