The page http://localhost/nopCommerce/install/install.aspx came up with errors due to Windows Authentication not working.

I set up a user nopCommerce in SQL Server.

From then on there was a cascade of errors which resulted in not being able to go forward or back from step 3 of install.aspx.

I then created a database nopCommerce and manually ran the 3 SQL statements in the INstall\Scripts directory – with errors.

In the end I could not get it working even though I got the database installed, the tables created and at least some of the tables populated.

default.aspx gives the error below.

There seems to be no documentation on how to install manually if install.aspx gets into difficulties.

If I delete the database and try to rerun http://localhost/nopCommerce/install/install.aspx I also get the error below

I can't find any cookies that might make install.aspx think it has already been run.

I have a document containing all the problems if that it is of interest to anyone.

Server Error in '/nopCommerce' Application.
Cannot open database "nopCommerce" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'nopCommerce'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "nopCommerce" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'nopCommerce'.

Source Error:

Line 46:             if (InstallerHelper.ConnectionStringIsSet())
Line 47:             {
Line 48:                 LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum.Unknown, ex.Message, ex);
Line 49:             }
Line 50:         }

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\nopCommerce\Global.asax    Line: 48

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot open database "nopCommerce" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'nopCommerce'.]
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +428
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +65
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +117
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +122
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetNewOpenConnection() +219
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetOpenConnection(Boolean disposeInnerConnection) +125
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetOpenConnection() +41
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.ExecuteNonQuery(DbCommand command) +76
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.DataAccess.Audit.SQLLogProvider.InsertLog(Int32 LogTypeID, Int32 Severity, String Message, String Exception, String IPAddress, Int32 CustomerID, String PageURL, String ReferrerURL, DateTime CreatedOn) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\EnterpriseEdition\1.5Release\Libraries\Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer\Audit\SQLLogProvider.cs:184
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Audit.LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum LogType, Int32 Severity, String Message, Exception exception, String IPAddress, Int32 CustomerID, String PageURL) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\EnterpriseEdition\1.5Release\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Audit\LogManager.cs:181
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Audit.LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum LogType, String Message, Exception Exception) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\EnterpriseEdition\1.5Release\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Audit\LogManager.cs:146
   ASP.global_asax.Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\nopCommerce\Global.asax:48
   System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RaiseOnError() +135

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4200; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016