Failed to access IIS metabase

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
Hi all,
I am going through my first install of NopCommerce.
Well, actually its now the fourth re-install.

Each time i am getting....

Failed to access IIS metabase.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironmentException: Failed to access IIS metabase.

The process account used to run ASP.NET must have read access to the IIS metabase (e.g. IIS://servername/W3SVC). For information on modifying metabase permissions, please see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=267904.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[HostingEnvironmentException: Failed to access IIS metabase.]
   System.Web.Configuration.MetabaseServerConfig.MapPathCaching(String siteID, VirtualPath path) +637
   System.Web.Configuration.MetabaseServerConfig.System.Web.Configuration.IConfigMapPath2.MapPath(String siteID, VirtualPath vpath) +9
   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathActual(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean permitNull) +174
   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean permitNull) +51
   System.Web.CachedPathData.GetConfigPathData(String configPath) +341
   System.Web.CachedPathData.GetConfigPathData(String configPath) +234
   System.Web.CachedPathData.GetApplicationPathData() +38
   System.Web.CachedPathData.GetVirtualPathData(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean permitPathsOutsideApp) +8801967
   System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.GetLKGRuntimeConfig(VirtualPath path) +117

I have followed the documentation from Microsoft and stopped at the point where it says manually editing the metadata access control list is fraught with danger - besides i am not fully aware of what i want to change and to what.

Surely this application doesn't require this since the 'look how easy it is to install in 10 minutes or less' video makes no reference to this.

i am installing it on to a workstation that has Visual Studio Express 2010 installed along with service pack 3 on XP.
Not as per the video onto a hosted site.
I am at first step trying to evaluate the product for my needs.

Any pointers as to what to do would be appreciated.

thanks

Alex
uk - south coast.
13 年 前
Hi,
You don't have to edit IIS metabase, W3SVC manually.
I think this is registration related problem of IIS and ASP.net.
In general, this error is caused if IIS is installed after the setup of .NET Framework.

The simplest way to solve this issue is:

Open the following directory in windows command prompt. on the IIS machine.

Open command prompt (=Execute cmd)

(For .NET Framework 2.0)
cd C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
(For .NET Framework 4.0)
cd C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319

Execute following command. (in these directory)
aspnet_regiis -i
13 年 前
I found the document in msdn.

ASP.NET IIS Registration Tool (Aspnet_regiis.exe)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h(v=VS.100).aspx
13 年 前
Hi Kanata,
Many thanks - you hit the nail on the head with the installation method being at the root of the problem.

having run your cmd line it has fixed the issue and i am able to move forward.

Many thanks - much appreciated response

kind regards

Alex
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.