3.80 Multi-Language Issue with SEO Friendly URLs for core domain on Google Search Result

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 年 前
Hi All,

Currently running Nop 3.80 with multi-languages, English being set as default (Display order of 1, while other languages are set higher (2, 3 ,4 etc.).

SEO Friendly option is checked on (so the pages appear like /en/, /fr/, etc.)
The default page title under settings is in English.

My problem is with Google Search Results.  It is listing the site domain like so, when I do an english search on english google:
[French Meta Title]
[French Site Content]
mysite.com

But it should be using the default language of English?  When I click the link from Google, it properly goes to the English site: mysite.com/en/, and not mysite.com/fr/ (which is where Google is grabbing the information from).

Since I am using multiple languages, there are no settings for the core domain only (mysite.com/ and not mysite.com/en/)

Has anyone faced the same issue?  

Thank you.
7 年 前
Hi All,

When using the Google Fetch tool for the core domain name, I see the core domain being forwarded to a, what appears to be, random language. Here are two different examples, nothing changed in between, just the date and time and it decided to point to German and Japanese instead of default English...:

From the Google Fetch tool:
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Cache-Control: private
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
Set-Cookie: Nop.customer=<removed>; expires=Thu, 23-Nov-2017 04:14:25 GMT; path=/; HttpOnly
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 04:14:25 GMT
Content-Length: 121

<html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>
<h2>Object moved to <a href="/de/">here</a>.</h2>
</body></html>

From the Google Fetch tool:
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Cache-Control: private
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
Set-Cookie: Nop.customer=<removed>; expires=Wed, 22-Nov-2017 15:26:31 GMT; path=/; HttpOnly
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2016 15:26:31 GMT
Content-Length: 121

<html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>
<h2>Object moved to <a href="/ja/">here</a>.</h2>
</body></html>

Thoughts?
Thank you.
6 年 前
I've got better than that!  And it's been an issue since 2.8 which I have.  Not only am I getting /en/en double the languages, I am also getting some categories and products under other folders like /sc/sc And /pl/PL

I only have English. Never anything other than English.

It has also stopped people loading www.domain.com. it forces domain.com.  
If I disable this and ad a rewrite map full every conceivable 301 path I can think of including http and https.  

Then I can get around this.  Sure the. Site takes 4 times as long to load and I'll prolly miss a few here and there. And yes. I lost a ton of Google rankings this past few weeks...but no worries.  I'll get them back.  Can any respond plz. I pour thru the forums daily and I've seen this issue quietly ignored foe the last 4 years now.  What's the deal?

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.