How to provide award points or MVP logo to forum members

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
To nopCommerceTeam,

I have downloaded 1.6version (thank you nopCommerce Team).
I was expecting that 1.6version will include some additional feature in forum section like with each post every member will earn points (just a way of awarding forum members), i posted this feature on the 1.6 roadmap too and it was on the codeplex also for voting but this feature has not been introduced in 1.6version (little upset)

Just like this feature instead of going for points system nopCommerce website has got a feature in which they upload a logo of nopMVP for the user which they think is contributing for nopCommunity.

i request nopCommerce team to please post the code here so that community members can also have that feature of awarding their website forum members which will motivate forum members to post more and more.

(I hope 1.7 version will have forum points system)
13 年 前
Thanks for suggestion. But first of all we're e-commerce solution (not forum software). That's why have more prioritized work items on our roadmap to do (such as "Multistore", "RMA", "Auctions").
P.S. It'll be implemented but not in the next release
13 年 前
i completely understand Andrei, i understand other things are more important than forum.

but is it possible for you to post code / required modification that need to be done in order to make forum like this website's forum(nopCommerce.com) where from your admin section you can post sponsorship logo, team member logo and MVP logo to users ?

i request you to please guide me with the code in order to achieve this.
13 年 前
1. Add a custom property to a Customer entity. Something like the following one:
        public bool NopCommerceMvp
        {
            get
            {
                CustomerAttributeCollection customerAttributes = this.CustomerAttributes;
                CustomerAttribute nopCommerceMvpAttr = customerAttributes.FindAttribute("nopCommerceMVP", this.CustomerId);
                if (nopCommerceMvpAttr != null)
                {
                    bool _nopMvp = false;
                    bool.TryParse(nopCommerceMvpAttr.Value, out _nopMvp);
                    return _nopMvp;
                }
                else
                    return false;
            }
            set
            {
                CustomerAttributeCollection customerAttributes = this.CustomerAttributes;
                CustomerAttribute nopCommerceMvpAttr = customerAttributes.FindAttribute("nopCommerceMVP", this.CustomerId);
                if (nopCommerceMvpAttr != null)
                    nopCommerceMvpAttr = CustomerManager.UpdateCustomerAttribute(nopCommerceMvpAttr.CustomerAttributeId, nopCommerceMvpAttr.CustomerId, "nopCommerceMVP", value.ToString());
                else
                    nopCommerceMvpAttr = CustomerManager.InsertCustomerAttribute(this.CustomerId, "nopCommerceMVP", value.ToString());

ResetCachedValues();
            }
        }

2. Add a required control to \Administration\Modules\CustomerInfo.ascx control
<asp:CheckBox ID="cbIsNopCommerceMVP" runat="server"></asp:CheckBox>

3. Render it on your forums \Modules\ForumPost.ascx similar to avatar imlpementation
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.