Why does the PayPal Express plugin offer the Paypal button outside of the cart process?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 年 前
Why does the PayPal Express plugin offer the Paypal button outside of the cart process?

Where is the regular Paypal plugin for 3.80 that integrates properly into the cart system?  There used to be a basic paypal (not Paypal Pro) plugin that worked well with the cart system.  The paypal express plugin shows a button below the cart check out, and then does not show as an option in the cart check out process post shipping calculation.

I am talking about the Nopcommerce Team Free plugin, and not some unknown coder or some card service with extreme fees like $50/mo + percentage + transaction fee.

I think the NOP plugin market need to be cleaned out. Some of the plugin providers just fail to respond to communications or deliver on free trials.   This makes it impossible to determine if their code works with 3.8 even if they claim it does.   I have been screwed before buying plugins, and found the only ones to work well are the ones from the Nopcommerce Team.  Others tend to be well behind the latest release with no hope of upgrade or support.   Some are mostly bait and switch too.  Is there any vetting process for the Plugin market?
7 年 前
astar wrote:

There are 3 basic types of payment method in nop:
1. Standard used by payment methods when a customer is not redirected to a third-party site.
2. Redirection is used when a customer is redirected to a third-party site.
3. Button is similar to Redirection payment methods. The only difference is used that it's displayed as a button on shopping cart page (for example, Google Checkout)

I think the Paypal Express plugin you're referring to is this one which is a button type and therefore displays a separate button on the shopping cart page for starting the checkout process. Button type payment methods tend to have their own addresses which get passed back to nop which is why they don't follow the standard checkout process.

astar wrote:
Where is the regular Paypal plugin for 3.80 that integrates properly into the cart system?  There used to be a basic paypal (not Paypal Pro) plugin that worked well with the cart system.  The paypal express plugin shows a button below the cart check out, and then does not show as an option in the cart check out process post shipping calculation.

There are 2 Paypal plugins provided with nop when you download it: Paypal Direct and Paypal Standard, maybe you're looking for one of those? If so you probably already have it unless it's been removed from the plugins folder on your site. Try checking your local plugins list.
7 年 前
You are right.  A long time ago when I upgraded to 3.8, I moved the unused Plugins out to another directory.  I found them and replaced them.  All is well again on planet Earth...for now. ;)  My mistake.

Thank you.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.